Yes, I am pretty good at following instructions
, and the Obi comes with a quick setup card.
These should be the generic setup instructions:
1) I'm assuming that the first router is also wireless. OBi wifi should connect like a wireless laptop to the router. Set up the appropriate security settings (WEP/WAP) + key
Yes, I need to do that in order for it to connect to my router at all, wire or no wire.
2) Turn off DHCP in theOBi202
Yep, I did that using the ***3 procedure. For good measure I programmed a static IP into both the router and the Obi using the ***4 procedure. When I interrogate the basic and advanced network status configurations it plays back the correct information.
3) Set up OBi202 in bridge mode
I don't see a bridge mode anywhere even in the expert setup. Things I find problematic:
1. I can't get into the web interface directly using either obiconnect/wifi or 192.168.1.XXX so I can't check those. I did change the device PW and that shows up in Obitalk correctly.
2. I cannot enter preferred SSID and PW in the WiFi setup under Expert Mode.
3. Most of the options under Expert Mode are "grayed out".