Now Available !!
Dear Forum Members,
You are the first to know about a new product called the OBi200. Obihai
is now selling the OBi200 on Amazon.com for $59.99 (with free shipping), Watch the OBi200 Amazon.com product page (link)
as well as the OBiTALK forum for more information and discussion on this exciting product. An OBi200 product page with data sheet on Obihai.com are coming soon.Introducing the OBi200:
In a nutshell, the OBi200 features a single phone port and single Ethernet connection to the Internet. It provides much of the same call control / call routing functionality of the OBi202 including support for the OBiWiFi and OBiBT USB accessories, 4 VoIP services (Google Voice and SIP), OBiTALK and T.38 fax – when connected to a service provider who also supports the T.38 protocol. At just under 70mm square and 27mm high, the OBi200 is arguably the smallest, most powerful VoIP device available today.
- Works with Google Voice for FREE calls in the USA and Canada - Great international rates too!
- VoIP ATA Supports 4 VoIP Accts (SIP and/or Google Voice) for BYOD Services; Anveo, Callcentric, Sipgate, VoIP.ms, etc.
- OBi Calling Features: Caller ID, Call Forward, Anonymous Caller Blocking, Message Waiting Indication, 3-Way Conf Calling
- OBiTALK Portal Features: Manage Your OBi, Connect to Your Friends' OBi Devices, Add Services, Download Apps for PC, Speed Dial Up to 99 OBi Endpoints or Phone Numbers
- Make free calls on the OBiTALK Network - Connect to other OBi Devices or use the free OBiON for iPhone and Android apps.
The OBi200 is perfect for customers who do not have a traditional telco phone service and want the savings and simplicity of using a VoIP service for all their calls.
With its support for a single line phone port, support for Google Voice and many other SIP-based VoIP providers, the OBi200 provides you with an abundance of control and convenience from the comfort of your home phone.
The OBi200 also features a built-in USB port which can be used with the OBiWiFi and OBiBT accessories. Use OBiBT to pair up to two (2) mobile phones to the OBi200 so you can make and receive calls using your mobile phone's service provider. Use OBiWiFi to connect your OBi200 to the Internet via your WiFi access point or any available WiFi Hot Spot - e.g. Phone + OBi200 are in the kitchen and Internet access is in the basement. Note: A USB hub is required if connecting 2 or more OBi USB accessories.
Speaking of OBiWiFi, since the OBi200 doesn’t have a LAN port with which to configure the OBiWiFi access point settings, we came up with a new way to configure OBiWiFi using any WiFi enabled device with a browser. This method will work with any of our devices that support a USB port and OBiWiFi accessory. Here is what you do…
Before you begin, update the firmware on your OBi device, using a wired connection to the Internet. The easiest way to do this is to dial ***6
from a phone attached to the OBi device’s phone port.Instructions for Setting Up OBiWiFi with a WiFi + Browser Enabled Device:
1. Connect the OBiWiFi to the OBi2xx/OBi3xx USB port and power on the OBi device.
2. From a device with WiFi and a browser, e.g. computer, tablet or smart phone, open its network settings and connect to a WiFi network called “OBiWiFi_Setup
.” Your browser-equipped device will automatically connect to the OBiWiFi_Setup network. Note: If using a computer with a wired Ethernet connection, make sure it is disconnected from any wired network.
3. Now, from your browser-equipped device go to this web page: http://obiconnect.com/wifi
Enter the OBi device’s administrative username and password to access the configuration web page. Note: By default, the username and password are ‘admin’ and ‘admin’ respectively.
4. After log-in, the device’s browser will show a screen allowing you to select your WiFi Network Name (SSID) from the list and (if necessary), a WiFi Network Password. Click the Connect button to complete the setup. Allow 30 seconds for OBi device and OBiWiFi adapter to connect to the your wireless network. Note: You can verify if OBiWiFi is working properly by checking if the OBi device has acquired a valid IP address. To check this, from a phone attached to the OBi, dial ***1, and listen to the IP address in the announcement.