News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New user Obi212 Obiline

Started by atholmotorcar, July 17, 2018, 07:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atholmotorcar

Hello,
  I have a GV # and an Obi212 up and running.  I can make and receive GV calls.  I would like to use the landline for incoming calls and the GV for outbound, as my phone line charges per outgoing call. Landline is under contract for another year, I won't be porting the # anytime soon.  I purchased an Obiline, plugged it in, and plugged the working landline into the jack on the Obiline.  The LED on the Obiline is solid red.  I can find no helpful information to set this up.  Can anyone point me to information?  Thanks.

drgeoff

You should not need to do any new configuration to achieve what you stated.  Incoming calls to the OBiLINE should ring the phone.  Outgoing calls should continue to go via GV.

What if anything is not working as you require?

(Please delete the identical thread.)

atholmotorcar

When I posted, I got an error, so I posted it again.  I deleted the duplicate.  The Obiline does noting.  The LED is solid red.  The only info that I can find says that that is bad.

ProfTech

If you have an Obi 212 you don't need the Obiline adapter. The 212 is designed for use with the landline [POTS line].

atholmotorcar

Well, damn, that was easy.  Thank you!

shastatodd

Quote from: ProfTech on July 17, 2018, 07:29:04 AM
If you have an Obi 212 you don't need the Obiline adapter. The 212 is designed for use with the landline [POTS line].

wait, the 212 can work like the old 110 with a landline? i thought it was to connect two phones, not a phone and a landline.

i bought a 200 with obiline and have the horrible echo everyone has been talking about for years.

who can confirm the 212 has 2 rj45's one for a cordless phone system and one for an incoming pots landline?

i was forced to upgrade from my 110 and the 200's landline interface sucks. :(

drgeoff

Quote from: shastatodd on August 02, 2018, 09:32:19 PMthe 212 has 2 rj45's one for a cordless phone system and one for an incoming pots landline?
Yes.  From the horse's mouth - https://www.obitalk.com/info/products

Or just look at the labelling of the sockets on your OBi212.

shastatodd

thank you... i will return my obi200 with obline adapter and buy a 212 instead.

i sure wish obi had better documentation and customer service to answer these questions BEFORE purchase.