News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I block incoming calls by area code or wildcards? Help!

Started by Polaroid, November 18, 2013, 07:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaroid

I get annoying calls from multiple numbers from a certain area code. I blocked the individual numbers in Google Voice, but they keep calling using different numbers - although all are from the same area code.  Is there a way in OBI (hopefully easy) that I can block incoming calls from an area code or perhaps using wildcards or filtering? Thought I'd be able to do it with Google Voice but seems they don't have that feature. Thanks in advance for your help!

ianobi

Assuming that GV is on sp1 and the area code to block is 345 then:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(1?345xxxxxxx):},{ph}

Of course, this will also block genuine calls from area code 345. You may be able to refine it more if the calls come from a certain number range.

The blocked callers should get a fast busy tone and "busy here" response.

Polaroid

I'm a very newbie!! I'm at the obitalk.com page, but don't know where I should enter the instruction you gave me? Also, where would it indicate if it's SP1?  Thank you!

ianobi

Make changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

Polaroid

giqcass

I have used the solution above and it worked well for me.  I kept getting incoming fax machines calling from a specific area code.  Can't remember which one but I removed the block after they quit for a few months.
Long live our new ObiLords!

TeddyDaBear

The solution on this message thread had worked for me until recently.  I  have GV on both ph1 and ph2 on a Obi202.  Now I keep getting robocalls from area code 959 on both lines.  My first port is my residential home phone, and the second is a fax line.  Somehow these 959 calls have been getting through.  They call three times a day. 

I have this string on both ph1 and ph2 lines of my X_InboundCallRoute {(1?959xxxxxxx):},{ph}

Has something changed recently and is there another way to block these numbers?

My current hardware version number is    1.4
My current software version number is    3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

azrobert

TeddyDaBear

Thank you azrobert,

The plus sign seems to have done the trick for me.  I did not get any calls from 959 area codes on either line today.  Nothing has shown up on the GV history too.  So far, looks good.

mfc2

Do you know how to send these spam calls into a black hole instead of voice mail, where they leave a voice mail for me to delete.

azrobert

You need to route the call to a service that will answer. If you're not using the Auto Attendant, you can use it. I can show you how to prevent anybody from using the AA.

Another option is to send the call to an invalid account at Callcentric. The caller will receive an error message. You need a Non-GV SP defined on your OBi. If you don't have one, you can define a dummy trunk.

jtan

Quote from: azrobert on August 24, 2019, 02:19:24 PM

Another option is to send the call to an invalid account at Callcentric. The caller will receive an error message. You need a Non-GV SP defined on your OBi. If you don't have one, you can define a dummy trunk.

Hi azrobert,   I do not have callcentric and how do you code to send all 16046657###   to dummy trunk ?

Thanks

azrobert

The following assumes your inbound trunk is defined on SP1. You don't need a Callcentric account.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{(@.6046657xxx):sp4(11111@in.callcentric.com},{ph}

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: jtan
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D