News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can phone2 grab a call from phone1?

Started by Methias, October 11, 2019, 04:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Methias

Hello yet again,
to date I have over 10 hours of reading this forum but,,,,,

Setup
OBI202
SP1 is InPhonex VOIP that I ported my old landline to. SP2 is my GV. SP3 is my ladies GV.
Outgoing calls go SP1 on p1 & p2
incoming sp1 to p1, sp2 to p1, sp3 to p2

InPhonex forwards all calls to both sp1 and sp2 so I do not miss a call here or out. Because CFNA does not work on the obi202. :'(

I have a cordless ATT two line set and I have both phone ports plugged into the obi202 and my base station. Both phone cords are 2 wire cords. I tried the included 4 wire in L1/L2 on both my 2 line base station and my 202 but the 4 wire line made everything ring and it wouldn't stop just because it was picked up.

I want to be able to transfer an active (or on hold) call from p1 to p2.
tried the # from p2 with p1 is on hook and p1 rings, cool,,, 8)
tried with p1 on active call got busy signal, same with p1 call on hold ???

I read in the admin guide, P23 where it claims ;   
1. If the called phone is idle (on-hook), it will ring normally with a special Caller-ID that indicates the call is from the other PHONE Port.
2. If the called phone is already on a call, the calling phone will barge in to join the call.
3. If the called phone is on-hook with a call on-hold, the calling phone will pick up and resume that call.
4. If the called phone is ringing, the calling phone will pick up and aswer that call.
5. For all other scenarios, the calling phone will hear busy tone.

I want option 3 to work but with factory settings
I use the obitalk.com portal.

Tried *96,,, nothing
in phone ports/physical interfaces; EnablePHONEPortBargeIn    has a check in the check box (default setting) on p1 and p2.

What am i missing here??

Or does that not work like call forward NA? ???

Help please, anyone...

Methias

update;

Not sure what did it but I can now transfer from line 1 to line 2 with the hook flash then #
The problem was most likely operator error (Yes put the blame where it belongs ::) ).
Yes, turns out rebooting overnight (me) was the fix.

I gotta say this 202 is a cool and powerful device that I am sure as I get to understand it more I will like it more.

Thank you again for all the knowledgable members who make this forum work.
You are appreciated. ;D