News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 200 Configuration Error

Started by SAIGA-Genesis, March 01, 2021, 10:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAIGA-Genesis

Hey all,

Yesterday, I switched the e-mail associated with my Google account (from mine to my father's).  I did that by transferring the number in GV.  Before I did that, everything was working fine.  Once I did that, everything has stopped working.  I've factory reset the device twice now, removed it from the Obitalk web portal and re-added it twice as well.   I also removed the voice from my e-mail's GV account.  The issue seems to be with Obi's access to my father's Google account.  I've found some other threads with steps to resolve similar issues, but so far, nothing has worked.  When it asks which account I want it to use, and I select and confirm my father's, it hangs on "configuring" for quite awhile.  I've removed SP1 over and over and tried to re-add it while also removing GV's access to my father's account so it kind of resets everything.  What I've noticed is that, even though I grant permission to Obi to access the account, it only lists GV as having access and not Obi.  I presume that's why it's not adding the Obi device to my father's account.  Any help would be appreciated.

This is the error I'm getting on Obitalk after the "configuring" turns into the "error:

QuoteUnmanaged Device
This device is currently unmanaged by OBiTALK. Either your device was factory reset, or the provsioning was disabled from the local web page. The device will need to be added to OBiTALK again. This requires physical access to the device. Click 'Continue' below to start the process of re-adding the OBi

Thanks

SAIGA-Genesis

Sorry for the multiple threads.  I didn't realize they were actually going through since it gave me an error each time I tried posting.  I just removed the other ones.

SteveInWA

You have to fix the problem that the error message is telling you, before you can expect anything else to work.

The OBiTALK portal has been a complete mess recently, so whether or not it's a legitimate problem needs further investigation by you.

It's telling you that the OBiTALK device you're trying to use is not assigned to an OBiTALK portal account.  You need to sign into the correct OBiTALK account and successfully add the device to the dashboard.

Since you are working with multiple Google/Gmail and perhaps multiple OBiTALK accounts, web browser cookies can cause confusion as to which account is being accessed.

Using Google Chrome Browser, Microsoft Edge (Chromium) or Safari, open the browser, then press Ctrl-Shift-N to open an Incognito browsing window.  If you're using Firefox, press Ctrl-Shift-P to open a Private browsing window.  Use that window, sign into the correct Gmail account that now holds the Google Voice number, and go here:

https://voice.google.com/u/0/settings

Do you see the Google Voice phone number at the top of the page?  If not, this is the wrong Gmail account.  Close and re-open the Incognito/Private browsing window and try another Gmail account until you find the correct one.  Assuming that you've now found that account, leave that window open.  Do NOT  sign into more than one Google/Gmail account in this browser window.  If you need to change accounts, close and re-open the window.

Press Ctrl-T in the Incognito/Private window to open another browser tab.  Sign into your OBiTALK portal account.  Is the OBiTALK device listed here? 

http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

Again, if you don't see the device listed, you need to fix that. 

Once you finally have the window open with two tabs, one with the correct Google Voice number's configuration page, and one with the correct OBiTALK page, then add Google Voice to the device's SP1 service provider.

SAIGA-Genesis

So I followed your steps.  I opened an incognito window, signed into obitalk using his gmail, signed into Google Voice using his gmail, and then added his gmail account (which has the correct phone number assigned to it) when adding GV as the service provider.  His account was the only Google account I was signed into.  Now it says "Registration Not Required".  I did all of this after removing the device from the account, resetting it as well, and then re-adding it to his obi account, all within the new incognito window.

SteveInWA

The portal is having major problems; there is no way to know if that error is legit or not.

Power-cycle the OBi 200.  Wait at least 10 minutes.  Open the portal again.  Does the SPx you set up with Google Voice now show "Connected"?  If not, it may not have finished the authorization process.

What happens when you attempt to make a call from the phone?  What happens when you call its number?

SAIGA-Genesis

Calling the number yields a message saying the Google Voice subscriber is not available.  Calling out from the phone says that it has not received a response from the service provider.  It now says "connecting to" an IP address on the portal, and it still says that after power cycling the device.

SteveInWA

Quote from: SAIGA-Genesis on March 01, 2021, 04:13:08 PM
Calling the number yields a message saying the Google Voice subscriber is not available.

That is normal operation.  It's the system default Google Voice voicemail greeting.  It's indicating that Google Voice can't reach the OBi device because it isn't connected.

I'd just let it sit there until tomorrow, and see if it finally connects.  If not, you'll have to contact Poly support and get them to assist you.

SAIGA-Genesis

Will do, Steve.  Thanks for your help.

SAIGA-Genesis

Quick update on this.  E-mailed support very early this morning but haven't gotten a response yet.  Logged back into Obitalk again this morning, and it said "Registration Not Required" again.  Then I removed SP1 and re-added GV to it, and it immediately said connected.  Called the landline and went through.  I take it something was going on with Obi's connection with GV.  Thanks again, Steve.

SteveInWA

Great!  I'm glad that it <mysteriously> got fixed.