News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PROBLEM with Anveo

Started by home_user, June 02, 2015, 10:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

home_user

History: When we first got our OBi, we used GV and Anveo for E911. It was great, seemed fine.
When GV became incompatible with OBi for a while, we used another provider, which included E911. We let Anveo lapse, but still got SIP on/off emails. Recently, our term with the other provider expired, and since GV now actually supports OBi, we were happy to go back to GV. Anveo remained, as always, a 2nd on our OBi dashboard.

Current: A few nights ago, I tried to place a 911 call about gunshots fired in our neighborhood. I couldn't make the call through our OBi. No problem, I have a cell phone. I made a mental note to update our Anveo E911 service.

Yesterday: I went to Anveo's website and couldn't find the old $15 for a year of E911 that OBi suggests on their website as an E911 solution for use with GV. It looked like I could still get basic service from them, just a little more money than before. I submitted a $20 payment to them via PayPal.

ANVEO did this: Says they "verify" every purchase. Basically, they refuse to credit the money for hours until they investigate your payment. They decided my payment, via my husband's PayPal account, which is our only PayPal account because they don't let you open another account with the same credit card, was FRAUDULENT.  Anveo DID NOT tell me that directly, they waited until I submitted a support ticket wanting to know what I STILL hadn't been credited the $20. They said it was fraudulent and I needed to submit my husband's photo ID - driver's license or passport. SAY WHAT? Our immediate response is ID THIEVES - HECK NO! After that, I refused to deal with them via their website, but went straight to PayPal and told them, copy and paste, the whole transaction, which can only happen via PayPal communication to the seller as part of PayPal process.

HERE'S WHAT ANVEO DID: The immediately (within minutes) reversed the charge as requested (since they never did credit it to me for establishing E911 service through their site, and THEN they sent me another support ticket from their site saying that by using a charge back (REMEMBER - they voluntarily RESOLVED the PayPal complaint by refunding the money) I had violated their policy. They have now closed my Anveo account, as demonstrated by the SIP offline email I received from them and they registration on my OBi dashboard is now invalid. GOOD RIDDANCE, I say. They did me no good anyways.

MY WARNING TO YOU: What honest company asks you to submit a picture of your photo ID in order to process your PayPal payment?  I have never heard of such a thing! Should OBi really maintain a recommendation of them as an E911 service on this website?? I don't think so. Shopping elsewhere to get E911 service back up and running on my OBi device.

MurrayB

OzarkEdge

Quote from: MurrayB on June 02, 2015, 03:26:45 PM
Check out VOIP.ms

Seconded!  No nonsense, no strings, plenty of features to be a primary provider at a fair price.

But $1.50/month 911 service requires a ~$1.00/month 911-enabled DID, so you'd be looking at $30 a year for 911 service... would be better as your primary provider when you're ready to leave the GV circus behind.

OE