News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

(Solved) Can't get auto attendant to answer (not using Obitalk!).

Started by Marty.ba.calif.usa, June 03, 2015, 01:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty.ba.calif.usa

I have an Obi 200, hw version 1.4, sw version 3.0.1 (Build: 4581). I have it manually configured for voip.ms on sp1 (outgoing only), and Anveo on sp2 (incoming only).  I don't currently use Obitalk for provisioning at all, and prefer to keep it that way.  

I don't use Google Voice or anything else out of the ordinary.

Everything works fine except auto attendant.  I want to use it now for international long distance from our cell phones, but I can't get it to answer - calls ring through to the phone when I call.

I have set "Voice Services ->sp2 services ->   to the following:
{(1111111111|2222222222):aa},{>3333333333:ph}
where 1111... is cell phone 1, 222... is cell phone 2, and 333... is my Anveo ID.  I tried it without the Anveo ID, but got the same results.

I can get to the AA if I dial ***0, if that means anything.

Added Info:  I do see the calls, with my callerID, in the call history from SP2 to PH1.  And I have the AA enabled in its section.

azrobert

It looks good to me. The only thing I can think why it's failing is that Anveo is supplying an 11 digit CallerID and you are checking for 10 digits. You can verify this by checking the Call History.

Status -> Call History

Marty.ba.calif.usa

Amazing that just when you posted that, I edited my post about the call history!

But actually, you are correct - Originally, I was looking at the settings on the Obitalk service trying to figure out where to enter the trusted callers on the Obi's configuration page; I had seen that I could enter either a full or partial number for trusted callers.  So, when I finally found out how to enter the numbers in X_InboundCallRoute, I was thinking I didn't need to enter the full ID, and I omitted the leading "1" from my number. 

After your post, I double-checked and realized my mistake; that fixed the problem.

Now, the next question will be whether I can enter a shortcut for an international number that can be used from the AA, or some way to keep from needing to dial a full number.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to do it via the phone itself during a call.

azrobert

When you use Trusted Callers the wizard adds a rule like this:
{(x.8005551212):aa}

There is a few ways to setup a shortcut.
The AA has its own DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.
These can be modified to anything you want.
Change the AA digitMap to:
( <100:0110441111111111>| current rules )

Dial 100 and it will be changed to 011441111111111

OR

Setup a Speed Dial like:
sp1(011441111111111)

Marty.ba.calif.usa

Thanks for clarifying about the format for the trusted callers - I went ahead and changed it, so in the future, it would be clearer how to do it.

I believe I understand both methods you gave for dial shortcuts, and possibly either would work, although the speed dial sounds best for multiple numbers - my wife is from China, and has some family and friends there, so it should make it easier for her. 

I haven't really used speed dials, as my main purpose for getting into voip was to keep my trusty old landline, but cut out telemarketer calls, which works well with Anveo's call flow configuration.  Since our cell phones have unlimited national calling, I haven't learned much about that so far. 

But I think it's cheaper and easier to use to use the Obi instead of calling cards; guess I'll find out soon, thanks to your help.

OzarkEdge

You might want to compare calling through your OBi to calling through your service provider.  I have not tried it buy VoIP.ms DISA should allow CallerID filtering to DISA and speed dials outbound.

You may not have a VoIP.ms DID for calling inbound... Anveo may have similar DISA facility.

I don't really need this now myself but I should try to set it up.

OE

Marty.ba.calif.usa

Quote from: OzarkEdge on June 03, 2015, 06:18:27 PM
You might want to compare calling through your OBi to calling through your service provider.  I have not tried it buy VoIP.ms DISA should allow CallerID filtering to DISA and speed dials outbound.

You may not have a VoIP.ms DID for calling inbound... Anveo may have similar DISA facility.

I don't really need this now myself but I should try to set it up.

OE
Well, that's something completely new to me.  I do have a voip.ms DID, but I don't use it.  Actually, I got it before Anveo, but I didn't like their incoming call filtering at all, where Anveo's is wonderful, once you figure it out.

But if voip.ms has speed dialing, it may well be a good alternative, much like a calling card that doesn't expire.  I'll check it out more.  Thanks for the tip.

EDIT:
Actually, this method costs more for me, on voip.ms, because I have no free calling, so I'd have to pay for both the incoming call and the outgoing call, instead of just the outgoing.