News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Annoying Dial tone for Answering machine

Started by LuvU43v3r, June 08, 2011, 08:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuvU43v3r

I dont know how to describe this exactly but here is the situation. Before when I used the landline service, whenver someone called in and heard the greeting from the answering machine. If he/she hung up during the greetings or right after it, nothing happened on the answering machine. Now using GV + obitalk 110, and a phoneset with answering machine hooked to it, whenever callers hang up during the greeting or at the end (without leaving any message of course ) the answering machine sounds some very loud and annoying dial tone thru the speaker phone for around 3-5 seconds, but would not record it though.
I think there is the delay somewhere to detect the disconnection, but how to fix this problem?

khantpr

I have the exact same problem with my answering machine and after the message is left/not left I hear a loud dial-tone at the end. Any solution to eliminate would be helpful.

LuvU43v3r

I just have a few voice messages , and the problem is like what khantpr said. Basically, there is a very loud dial tone at the end with or without message is left . I think whenver the caller hang up, there  is a few seconds lagging between obitalk and  GV. Can the devs have some kind of detection to fix this problem?

LeftRight

It looks like your answering machine has some difficulty to recognize the CPC (calling party control) sent by OBi device. When OBi sees a call is ended, it sends out a CPC, then the dial tone for next new call... so, you may adjust CPC setting to make it suitable for your answering machine --

go to: Physical interface --> PHONE port --> CPCDuration & CPCDelayTime

You may make CPC duration a little longer than 500 ms, say 800 ms, see how it goes.. Also, adjust CPCDelayTime to be a little shorter, < 1000 ms... Just do a few experiments and find a good combination for your answering machine ...

robhouston

Setting these parameters at 800ms and 1000ms fixed the problem for me with a Panasonic DEC6 system.

Thanks for the simple suggestion to eliminate this annoying problem.

LuvU43v3r

Quote from: robhouston on June 17, 2011, 12:55:41 PM
Setting these parameters at 800ms and 1000ms fixed the problem for me with a Panasonic DEC6 system.

Thanks for the simple suggestion to eliminate this annoying problem.

I have exact Panasonic DEC6 system, but still does not work with Delay = 800ms, Duration = 1000ms. However, my situation is a bit different, I dont have landline connect to LINE port, just GV connects directly to Obi110 and PHONE port connects to the Panasonic base unit.

@ Robhouston: when you got some little time , can you make a setup like mine and confirm if your setting works ? Thanks.

LeftRight

I don't think LINE port matters.. It should not make any difference with LINE port connected to a landline or not.

I would suggest you try a few other combinations of Delay and Duration.

Keep CPCDuration within range of 800 ms to 1000 ms, you may tune CPCDelayTime down to a much lower value like 100ms or 10 ms, and see how it goes

robhouston

I didn't have the disconnect problem with GV.  My problem was strictly with the PSTN on the LINE port, and these settings on the PHONE port solved the problem.