News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My new wireless solution.

Started by airberry2000, June 09, 2015, 08:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airberry2000

Figured I would share infomation about my experment.   I use a single obi202 connected to a fax machine and a cordless phone set, and 2 different obi200 connected to a 2 line cordless phone set.  I wanted to get the phone system away from the router and other items in that part of the house.  After buying my different obi units I get plenty of emails from newegg and neweggflash and came across a pretty cool device, a WL AP BRIDGE ENGENIUS ETA1305.  It arrived yesterday and I set it up on the otherside of the house.  Although I tried the obi wireless unit, I was not happy with it.  Using the WL AP BRIDGE ENGENIUS ETA1305 as a wireless bridge to my router worked great.  The calls all sound great, and the fax works too.  By the way the 2 Obi200s were set up for my sons to call from Australia and New Zealand using their sip phone apps, once they call in it is set up for the auto attendant to call me or who ever they want here in the states. 

QuantiumTech

Would you mind elaborating on how you set things up for your sons to be able to call you for free?