News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Tips or things to check because I cannot add the device

Started by oliver700@yahoo.com, June 09, 2011, 11:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliver700@yahoo.com

Hi everyone!

My first post here and new owner of an OBi110. Sadly, I was unable to pass the adding device part yesterday...I simply hear nothing on my phone when connected, so I'm unable to dial the code. I see all the corresponding lights active, including internet or local landline, but no tone. I tried my home phone and out to my phone, but even if i see the lights, I'm still hearing nothing. I might have heard it one time, but was unable to reproduce that.

My setup is a Speedtouch 516, Linksis E1000 (not updated), PPPoE. I'm planing to update the firmware tonight, but any tips on what I should check before opening a ticket? Could it be my firewall or any other setup on my router, or my analog phone (otherwise working). I'm pretty sure the OBi110 is not defective, seeing all the lights, but could I do a test to eliminate that possibility? I believe I should hear something when only my landline and my phone are plugged, with no Internet, but no. Is that normal?

I don't know what to check and I search quite a lot here and elsewhere for the potentiel problem, but it looks to be pretty rare.

I want to try things before moving to other options...because I know it's a great product.

EDit : oups, my email as user...

OBiSupport

Hi

We want to help and debug your problem.
Can you contact/email "support@obihai.com" with your 9 digit OBi No. ?
(9 digit OBi No. is shown on the sticker label on the bottom of the OBi)

-Obihai Support Team

oliver700@yahoo.com

I'll do that, but I'm at work right now. I'll give you the info this evening. Thanks. I suppose tips are still welcome until then.