News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 Stopped After Two Years

Started by DenverObi, June 11, 2015, 03:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenverObi

I've had two Google Voice accounts working on my Obi202 since January, 2013.  About a month ago, dial tone stopped.  Obitalk said to update firmware.  I clicked update, and my unit disappeared.  I could no longer access the Web interface, and have no voice prompts on connected phones.  The green power light doesn't so much flash, as the unit cycles and resets every few minutes (though my router assigns it a local IP, I can ping it, and I'm using my laptop through the LAN port on the Obi).
   I next performed a hard reset, and found an obscure mention of using 192.168.10.1 on the LAN side to access the GUI.  I can now log in and see the interface, but it won't connect to the Obi network, and neither of my phone lines responds.  I've read about power supplies going bad; could this be a weak power supply that will allow the unit to boot, but not to power the phone ports and connect to the WAN?  The only other two options I can think of are that the firmware is corrupt or a piece of internal hardware went bad.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DenverObi

I did follow the Obi troubleshooting page and opened DMZ for the Obi - no change.  I also wonder if my default configuration has just been messed up.  For instance, auto-provisioning was off by default - shouldn't that be necessary to connect w/ Obitalk?

azrobert

A faulty power supply could be causing your problem. You can try a 12v PSU from an old modem or router. You can even try the PSU from your current modem or router. The OBi202 will produce dial tone even when not connected to a network.

DenverObi

Thanks for the reply.  I've also been reading the provisioning guide, and came across this:

"The factory reset may be limited to parameters with user read-write permission only by setting the parameter DeviceInfo.ProtectFactoryReset to 1. Setting it to 0 on the other hand allows the user to reset all parameters regardless the user read-write properties. Note that for this option to work, the Web Server AdminPassword parameter must be set to a non-default value (i.e., the parameter must not have the "Default" option checked)."

I'll try to find that switch in the setup and verify that it may not be causing an issue.