News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial 1 +10 digits to access gv dial 10 digits to use FPL

Started by scansbar, June 13, 2015, 06:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scansbar

Hello I'm not sure if it's possible but let me know if the following scenario is. I have my obi202 setup by obitalk. I have gv on sip1 (this way it seems more normal to make long distance calls.  IE **1555-555-5555)  FPL on sip2. I choose SIP2 as my default outgoing since I use my local number more and when I want to call family is the USA I use **1. I choose it that way so I don't have to do **2 since my family is used to dialing a 1 before the number. Is there anyway to set it up to automatically choose sip1 when entering 1 plus the number and sip2 when it's just the 10 digits number like a normal land line? If not it's ok but was wondering if it's possible. Thank you

scansbar

Hello, I'm not sure if your reply was for my post but I already use the expert mode, just trying to configure it to use google talk for long distance basically dealing the number 1-555-555-5555 instead of **1-555-555-55555. (google talk is my sip1 and FPL is my sip2. I use sip two default for outbound calls.
Thanks

ianobi

Add this rule:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile B > General > DigitMap:
(<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|... existing rules here ...)

All eleven digit numbers starting with "1" will be routed via sp1.

scansbar

Thanks for your quick reply but almost there.
Now when I dial 1555-555-5555 it works using Google but if I dial a 9 digit number it says "This call is not covered by your tarrif plan."

My default setting was
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

I tried your suggestion of
(<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
and
(<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

unfortunately they did not work, am I doing something wrong?

Thank you again.

ianobi

Routes eleven digit numbers starting with "1" to sp1(GV). All other numbers route to sp2(FPL).

If you wish to also route nine digit numbers to sp1(GV) then this will work:
(<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|<**1>xxxxxxxxxS4|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Check Call History after testing to confirm which numbers are routing to which spN.

I think that your Profile A and Profile B Digitmaps could be made a lot more efficient. Please supply detailed info on which format numbers you wish to route to which spN.

scansbar

11 digit dialing from SP1 (GV)
10 digit dialing from SP2 (FPL)

Default Outgoing calls are SP2 (FPL)

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

I tried the following and it worked, am I missing anything?
(<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

ianobi

Routes eleven digit numbers starting with "1" to sp1(GV). All other numbers route to sp2(FPL) with no change to number formats, e.g. ten digit numbers stay as ten digit numbers rather than having "1" prepended to them. Eleven and ten digit formats should route with no delay. "xx." matches any other number format, but adds up to ten seconds delay before routing the call.

If this works for you then that's fine, stay with it. I was a little confused by your previous comment regarding nine digit numbers.

scansbar

Thank you, really appreciate your help. You add much value and makes it easier to learn and understand.
Take care
Mark

Lanny

Hello,

I would like to configure my obi100 like him but I can't edit or erease my digitmap in expert configuration, why?

Thanks!

azrobert

You must uncheck both boxes to the right of the value.

LIRI

Thank you very much, it's me Lanny under another username because I made I factory reset to my Obi100 and couldn't take the same username.

So I tried both suggestion;

I can call with GV by dialling eleven digit but I can't call with FPL by dialing 10 digit, it says: "This call is not covered by your tarrif plan." and then it says that the number I called was rejected by the provider.

With this one everything is working fine, when I dial 11 digit, it uses GV (sp1) and when I dial 10 digit it uses FPL (sp2).

Why does it work by ereasing <1> before the [2-9] ?

Thanks!

azrobert

I'm not sure. <1> will add a "1" prefix to a 10 digit number. Does FPL require only 10 digit numbers?

LIRI

I don't think because I tried to dial 11 digit with FPL (sp2) and it works using the default digitmap settings.