News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Appreciate my Obi EVERY day, and a wee bit of good news to share...

Started by vtsnaab, June 13, 2015, 10:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtsnaab

Thanks Azrobert.
I will try to clarify a bit.

Zorlac says he pays $85/yr. for that - I got that idea correctly.
(Likely that phone does not get very brisk daily usage, given Tracfone's rates.)

I likely should have said instead that 'my friend was usually spending in excess of your stated $85 per YEAR, each month - while using Tracfone'.

This was done by buying their $40 refills 2-3 times per MONTH, thereby paying far more for one of their phones in daily usage; and that was even with their double or triple minute deal.

So, what I tried to explain is that it is very easy to spend that amount or more per month IF one is a daily phone user and on that carrier.

The same friend now uses a better carrier and spends under 1/2 that much AND has a 2nd phone on the same account - made possible by choosing a better carrier and ditching Tracfone.

I hope I have made this a bit clearer ?!?
Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Here in Vermont there are only allowed 2 carriers - AT&T & whatever Verizon is called this week - all others contract with them for tower usages.

CC uses AT&T towers for the best GSM coverage in this area, but has no deposit, no contract and the best customer service of anyone I've ever heard of from what I can tell.

Of course I speak only of what I know and it applies in this area.
Anyplace else - I've no clue as carriers and rates do vary by location, sadly.

zorlac

Quote from: azrobert on August 13, 2015, 11:03:23 AM
I don't see an $85 plan, but there is a $100 annual plan.
$80

Quote from: vtsnaab on August 13, 2015, 11:37:59 AM
(Likely that phone does not get very brisk daily usage, given Tracfone's rates.)
You sir are correct! I'm not a big phone guy.  ;D

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your interest in Tracfone Wireless.

Due to high demand the phone you ordered TFLGL34CR is now out- of stock.
Your order has been canceled and no charges will be applied to your
credit card.

BooHooHoo.  :'(