News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

looking to jump off Vestalink...price is too damn high

Started by et_phone_home, June 18, 2015, 05:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

et_phone_home

I'm still on my promo price with Vestalink , but as it finishes I'll have to switch because the price increase is going to be too jarring for me.
I'd like to have 911 service and outgoing number spoofing (to my Google voice number) and incoming cnam lookup. Looking for something that can offer 1800-2000 minutes per month. '
Price is going to increase to 70/year so something less then this would be great.
Any suggestions appreciated.

N7AS

Try future-nine.com
You get 4000 min/month a combination if inbound/outbound for $5.00 plus $1.00/month for 911.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Angelc19

$70 a year unlimited, 911 and the other stuff, VL seems cheap. Anybody cheaper?

Taoman

Quote from: et_phone_home on June 18, 2015, 05:36:44 PM

If you are using your Google Voice number as your primary number you may wish to look at the Simonics GV gateway. It is a SIP gateway that connects to your Google Voice account for all incoming/outgoing calls and includes CNAM for a one-time fee of $5.99. Assuming you have an open SP slot you could use Anveo for E911 at .80/month. (If using the Simonics GV gateway you wouldn't need GV configured on your OBi)

https://simonics.com/services/

For a drop-in replacement of Vestalink that has all your requirements check out the PhonePower OBi Unlimited plan for $60/year.

https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/services/itsp?i=phonepower&d=2439512

Taoman

If you are using your Google Voice number as your primary number you may wish to look at the Simonics GV gateway. It is a SIP gateway that connects to your Google Voice account for all incoming/outgoing calls and includes CNAM for a one-time fee of $5.99. Assuming you have an open SP slot you could use Anveo for E911 at .80/month. (If using the Simonics GV gateway you wouldn't need GV configured on your OBi)

For a drop-in replacement of Vestalink that has all your requirements check out the PhonePower OBi Unlimited plan for $60/year.

Edit: Since you are a Vestalink subscriber I assume you are aware of gvsip.com since it is one of Ryan's ventures also? I have not used this service so I cannot comment on it. I currently use both PhonePower and Simonics.

et_phone_home

I am using GV as primary.  The Simonics idea sounds good. Do you use this service? How's reliability?
Does Anveo offer e911 without signing up for a number, etc?

Quote from: Taoman on June 19, 2015, 11:35:42 AM

et_phone_home

Quote from: Angelc19 on June 19, 2015, 09:07:51 AM
after doing some number crunching, you're correct...VL is not bad. Pricing is competitive with the rest.
I guess I'm a cheap mofo.

Taoman

Quote from: et_phone_home on June 19, 2015, 02:22:24 PM

I am using GV as primary.  The Simonics idea sounds good. Do you use this service? How's reliability?

Yes, I use the Simonics gateway. It has been very reliable. It's also pretty versatile. I actually forward my calls from the Simonics gateway via SIP URI to my VoIP.ms account so I can use the additional features that VoIP.ms offers. Since I don't register directly to Simonics I configured it as a Voice Gateway for outgoing calls. But you can also just register directly to the Simonics GV gateway from your OBi.

Yes, Anveo offers straight E911 without getting a DID number/plan. But I think to get the .80/month price you have to sign up directly at Anveo and not through the Obihai web portal.

There's also gv911.com which I have no personal experience with.

ceg3

Quote from: et_phone_home on June 19, 2015, 02:23:33 PM
after doing some number crunching, you're correct...VL is not bad. Pricing is competitive with the rest.
If you were a cheap mofo you would using GV like me for free and using Anveo for E911. Before you move check to be sure you can port out.  I was not able to when I left them and wanted to try another service.  I gave up a GV number I had had from its inception.  Some of use Callcentric with a free number to forward GV calls to for CNAM.  You can find threads in the forum.

et_phone_home

Fantastic. The main reason I signed up with VestaLink was because of Cnam, but the Simonics service sounds great to me. Once my promo period ends with VL, I'll be switching for sure.
Thanks again for your help, Taoman.
Quote from: Taoman on June 19, 2015, 04:02:05 PM
Quote from: et_phone_home on June 19, 2015, 02:22:24 PM

Yes, I use the Simonics gateway. It has been very reliable. It's also pretty versatile. I actually forward my calls from the Simonics gateway via SIP URI to my VoIP.ms account so I can use the additional features that VoIP.ms offers. Since I don't register directly to Simonics I configured it as a Voice Gateway for outgoing calls. But you can also just register directly to the Simonics GV gateway from your OBi.

Yes, Anveo offers straight E911 without getting a DID number/plan. But I think to get the .80/month price you have to sign up directly at Anveo and not through the Obihai web portal.

There's also gv911.com which I have no personal experience with.

et_phone_home

No need to port out of Google voice since VestaLink offers outging CID spoofing. I just changed it to my GV number. There is no way I would sign up for a voip service that didn't allow this.

I ported my primary number to GV several years ago. I think it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The auto spam filtering and blocking feature was worth it for the gigantic porting fees and the convoluted process I had to go through by first porting my number to ATT cellphone and then porting it again to Google.

I'll eventually switch back to GV via Simonics.

Thanks
Quote from: ceg3 on June 19, 2015, 09:50:57 PM
Quote from: et_phone_home on June 19, 2015, 02:23:33 PM
If you were a cheap mofo you would using GV like me for free and using Anveo for E911. Before you move check to be sure you can port out.  I was not able to when I left them and wanted to try another service.  I gave up a GV number I had had from its inception.  Some of use Callcentric with a free number to forward GV calls to for CNAM.  You can find threads in the forum.