News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 and Google Voice trouble

Started by Eyenk, June 19, 2015, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyenk

When I go to Google Talk Settings, to link up our Google Voice, it says my device needs to be updated to continue. I click OK, and then get this message:

Update in progress

Please wait while we update 300181720.

After approximately 30-90 seconds, your OBi will complete the update process and automatically restart. During the update process, the power LED will flash red.
Please DO NOT remove the power to the OBi while this process is in progress.

Thank you - OBiTALK Team

It times out, and says: Failed to update device 300181720. Please try again later.

I can't get through this in order to set-up our Google Voice phone number with our device. Can you please help?

SteveInWA

You can get past this point by manually updating your OBi device's firmware.

• For best results and lowest risk when updating firmware, plug the OBi into a UPS to avoid power line disturbances.
  • Don't try this over the weekend, as, for some mysterious reason, the OBiTALK portal often goes down on weekends.
  • Log onto the OBiTALK portal, and if your device is listed, delete it off of the portal.  Wait a few minutes for this to happen, and watch your device's LEDs, until the power LED stops blinking, indicating that it's been removed and remotely reset.
  • For good measure, you can use a paper clip or other implement to depress and hold, for 10 seconds, the reset switch located inside the device, accessible from the underside.  Look for the small round hole that is different from the vent holes.
  • Download the latest firmware from Obihai to your computer:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi-latest.fw
  • Log into your device via it's local web page (192.168.whatever you're using), and go to System Management --> Device Update.  Specify the location of your downloaded firmware file, to upload it to your OBi.  The local device username and password after a factory reset are "admin".  If you need to learn the IP address assigned to your OBi, then dial ***1 on the attached phone and the auto-attendant voice will read it to you.
  • After the firmware update has successfully completed, add the device back to the OBiTALK portal to configure Google Voice.