News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1022/RingCentral loud buzz/distortion on outbound

Started by lenlar, June 23, 2015, 06:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenlar

I just purchased a OBi1022 and love the capabilities.

I setup my google voice and multiple extensions from my RingCentral service. The google voice works flawlessly. However, when I make outbound calls on the RingCentral extensions, a LOUD BUZZ is heard when the call begins to ring and continues when the call is connected. The other party's voice is also distorted. The other party does NOT hear the buzz, the call sounds fine to them.

Inbound calls to the RingCentral service ARE NOT affected by the buzz/distortion.

I also tested the OBi1022 with a separate internet service and router and the same issue with RingCentral was experienced.

I spent more than an hour on the line with RingCentral support and they couldn't find any problems with my profile or find any solutions. They believe it may be a codec issue but we couldn't figure out how to adjust in the Expert Configuration settings.

So, I'm hoping others out there have experienced and FIXED this issue.

Please Help!! I need this to work for business use at home. Otherwise, I'm going to have to buy a "RingCentral supported device".

Thanks,

Lenny

anne611

I am having the same issue with my OBI1032 and RingCentral.  My workarounds are to either place a call on my computer or cell phone then flip it to the desk phone, or use my Google Voice line (I've never had an issue with Google Voice).