News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Inbound call route => Simultaneous calls

Started by Riyas, June 11, 2011, 12:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riyas

Hello,

I am trying to configure my inbound call route. I explain:

I want my incoming calls to SP2 to ring my phone as well as my mobile (using my PSTN line)

This is my X_InboundCallRoute setting for SP2 : {ph,li1(0655555555)}

Actually it's working but not completely.

First, my phone connected to Obi starts ringing. After 2 ring, it stops, then my mobile starts ringing.

I want them to ring simultaneously. I don't know what's wrong with my settings

Thanks in advance for your help guys

RonR

See this post:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=425.msg2498#msg2498

In particular:

Note: If you include LI(some-number) in the route, however, LI will "win" most of the time since there is no easy way to tell if the call on the analog PSTN line is answered; so the device simply assumes the call is connected once it finishes dialing out the number on the PSTN line (hence it wins).

Riyas

Thanks for RonR for your quick reply.

So, with LI1 it won't work. Unfortunately, only LI1 offers me free calls to mobile. Anyway, thanks for your help

LeftRight

You might try out  an option on LINE port - DetectOutboundConnectMethod, see if it can solve your problem.

go to: Physical Interface -> LINE port -> DetectOutboundConnectMethod

By default, this option is set to "None", which behaves as RonR described, OBi110 assumes line is connected after dialing. You can change it to "detect speech", which will use speech signal as an indicator on whether the PSTN call is connected.

jimates

QuoteFirst, my phone connected to Obi starts ringing. After 2 ring, it stops, then my mobile starts ringing.

The phone starts to ring as soon as the call comes in. The rings are while the Obi is connecting and delivering the number on the line port. Once the line "wins" the call, the phone stops ringing.

If your provider on sp2 supports multiple sessions and free calls to your mobile (google voice does), the Obi can fork the call back out on sp2 as a second session.

shap

BTW, I have similar problem when specifying the following Inbound route:
{ph,sp1(77777777@sipme.me:5060)}

What is happening, is that Obi try to call sipme.me using SP1 and immediately
say it is connected (i can see it in call status) - regardless if the caller picked up the phone.

Riyas

Hi

I just tested your solution (Physical Interface -> LINE port -> DetectOutboundConnectMethod)... I have both lines ringing at the same time. Thank you very much.

If I answer my obi phone line, my mobile stops immediately and I can talk without any problem.
But If I answer my mobile, my obi phone continues to ring and I can't hear anything (it takes around 10 seconds to hear the other party)

@Jimates : I am in France, we don't have google voice here.

RonR

Quote from: shap on June 12, 2011, 01:20:10 AM
BTW, I have similar problem when specifying the following Inbound route:
{ph,sp1(77777777@sipme.me:5060)}

What is happening, is that Obi try to call sipme.me using SP1 and immediately
say it is connected (i can see it in call status) - regardless if the caller picked up the phone.

Do you have SP1 configured as SIP?  If so, can you put SP1(77777777@sipme.me:5060) in a speed dial and successfully reach it using that speed dial?  Or successfully call it by dialing **177777777*82*80*200*62*5060#?

FWIW, the following SP1 (Google Voice) InboundCallRoute : {ph,vg5(pap2),sp2(xxxxxxxx@sipsorcery.com)}

simultaneously rings the OBi PHONE Port, a phone connected to a PAP2 accessed via VG5, and a phone connected to my Sip Sorcery account when someone calls my Google Voice number.  My SP2 is configured as SIP.

jimates

Quote from: Riyas on June 12, 2011, 07:32:08 AM
Hi

I just tested your solution (Physical Interface -> LINE port -> DetectOutboundConnectMethod)... I have both lines ringing at the same time. Thank you very much.

If I answer my obi phone line, my mobile stops immediately and I can talk without any problem.
But If I answer my mobile, my obi phone continues to ring and I can't hear anything (it takes around 10 seconds to hear the other party)

@Jimates : I am in France, we don't have google voice here.
By you not mentioning google voice, and also by saying your landline is the only free calling to your mobile, I kind of figured you were not in the US.

shap

Yes, SP1 is configured as SIP, SP2 as GV.

The issue is that 77777777@sipme.me:5060 is ringing ok and if answered - will work ok, however
the phone port ringing only once or not at all.

When I remove SP1(77777777@sipme.me:5060) from inbound rule, phone will ring ok.

Other interesting thing is that caller think that call is connected almost immediately and start charging for it.
To check this, you can call your GV account using skype, and you should see that skype start charging before you actually answer the call.

I did not answer the call here.

RonR

shap,

It appears that sipme.me is reporting that the call was answered when, in fact, it hasn't been and is still ringing on that end.  It could be intentional or a misconfiguration on the part of sipme.me.  You should contact them to find out for sure.

Some unscrupulous providers answer immediately to run up charges. Others do it out of technical necessity for some feature(s) it provides.  For example, anyone calling your Google Voice number gets billed immediately for the call whether you answer it or not as Google Voice answers it immediately.

shap

You may be right -I did not checked the SIP messages, so probably sipme.me answer immediately...
Thank you for the idea !