Obi keeps going off line

<< < (3/6) > >>

RFC3261:
Quote from: S--F on July 02, 2015, 08:09:22 am

I tracked the problem down to a network intrusion monitor that is part of my home automation system. It pings every address on the subnet every minute. Once I disabled this everything works fine. I will try to work with the author of the utility, but does anyone have an idea why a simple ping would do this to both an Obi100 and an Obi110?

A simply ping would nominally not take an Obi device offline.  Does your monitor also attempt additional detection (such as running port scans), or move beyond monitoring to active blocking attempts?

S--F:
Quote from: RFC3261 on July 02, 2015, 05:48:15 pm

A simply ping would nominally not take an Obi device offline.  Does your monitor also attempt additional detection (such as running port scans), or move beyond monitoring to active blocking attempts?

This is what the author of the utility has to say on the matter:

It's just a ping but I do send multiple pings out at the same time (to different IP addresses) rather than sequentially.

zorlac:
You could try pinging your obi's IP address from a windoze command prompt & see what happens.

ping -t xxx.xxx.xx.xx

-t : Specifies that ping continue sending Echo Request messages to the destination until interrupted. To interrupt and display statistics, press CTRL-BREAK. To interrupt and quit ping, press CTRL-C.

S--F:
Quote from: zorlac on July 03, 2015, 10:50:58 pm

You could try pinging your obi's IP address from a windoze command prompt & see what happens.

ping -t xxx.xxx.xx.xx

-t : Specifies that ping continue sending Echo Request messages to the destination until interrupted. To interrupt and display statistics, press CTRL-BREAK. To interrupt and quit ping, press CTRL-C.

Well I tried this. I let it ping the Obi100 over 1,000 times. It's still up and running fine. So it's gotta be something else. This is really weird.

SteveInWA:
Quote from: S--F on July 02, 2015, 08:09:22 am

I tracked the problem down to a network intrusion monitor that is part of my home automation system. It pings every address on the subnet every minute. Once I disabled this everything works fine. I will try to work with the author of the utility, but does anyone have an idea why a simple ping would do this to both an Obi100 and an Obi110?

Well, if you've proven that the above is the cause, then why do you expect that the problem would go away, as long as you're using that system?

You can take your OBi adapter to some other location (friend or family member's house for example) and confirm the theory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page