News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

As of yesterday cannot make or take calls with google voice

Started by marcisikoff, July 02, 2015, 03:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcisikoff

I've verified Google Voice is working as I can make calls on my PC (and receive calls).

The setup is done for Google Voice as per the instructions and has worked since March.

Yesterday the phone would ring but answering gives no voice.  Tried then calling my cell phone from by home phone and it rings but when I pick up on my cell, the home phone is still ringing my cell (and doesn't know I picked up).

I went online and flashed the firmware and the Obitalk200 status is green again but still no calls in/out.

toomyw

Same issue with both of my Obi 110s.  Different GV number on each.

I call the line and it rings.  I pick it up and my cell phone keeps ringing. 

Been happening all morning.  I wasn't home yesterday to know when it started.

dolphintrainer

Is there any solution to this? I am experiencing the same issue. ???

SteveInWA

This appears to be a Google XMPP-related outage.  Please post your exact, detailed symptoms on the GV help forum, in this thread: https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/orGScGDnsgg/discussion sop Google Engineering can take a look.   Be sure to post from the same Google account that has the problem, and include the last 4 digits of your GV telephone number, so they can view your logs.

Posting here in the OBi forum won't get you any assistance.

Edit:  Google Engineering is now looking into this -- I have no information as to when it will be fixed.

Spidey

I was seeing something similar with Google Voice but it was happening all the time and the problem had been going on for several years. I would have dropped audio as well as dropped calls. After replacing my Obi-202 with a Grandstream and using secure SIP to connect to a 3rd party Google Voice SIP gateway I don't have this issue any more...no dropped audio or calls...