News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial Plan Questions..unbelievable answers

Started by burrism, June 20, 2015, 06:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

Use DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

I removed 3 rules which are normally not needed and 2 of them can cause a delay in routing a call. Removing those fixed your problem and the S0 was redundant. You could have just added the S0 to the default DigitMap.

The OBi analyzes each digit as they are received and will process the received digits immediately or wait for more digits depending on the rules in the DigitMap. The S suffix followed by a number will override the wait period.

There are 2 timers.
The short timer is 2 seconds.
The long timer is 10 seconds.

If a dialed number only matches rule "xx.", there will be a 10 second delay. This is considered an Indefinite Match because "xx." will match any number of digits and the long timer is used. The OBi doesn't know if you will enter additional digits, so it waits.

If the dialed number matches a rule without "x.", it will result in an Exact Match. If the dialed number can potentially match another rule if more digits are entered, the OBi will use the short timer of 3 seconds. If the dialed number cannot potentially match another rule if more digits are entered the OBi will process the call immediately and not wait for additional digits.

burrism

Quote from: azrobert on June 22, 2015, 05:56:55 AM
Use DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

I removed 3 rules which are normally not needed and 2 of them can cause a delay in routing a call. Removing those fixed your problem and the S0 was redundant. You could have just added the S0 to the default DigitMap.

azrobert..

The further I go the behinder I get.

If inserting the S0 the way you originally suggested completely solved my problem, how can I make it better?

thanks

azrobert

In addition to inserting the S0, 3 rules were deleted.
Only deleting the 3 rules will fix the problem.
You get the same result using either DigitMap.
This discussion came about by InetUser pointing out that the S0 wasn't needed.
It's only better because you need 2 less characters in the DigitMap.