News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone Rings once or Twice and then Cuts Off

Started by imno007, July 06, 2015, 11:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imno007

I use the Oni110 in conjunction with Google Voice. Not sure what's going on, the phone was working fine yesterday, now it's not. If someone calls it rings once or twice and when I pick up I'm talking to dead air. If I try to call out, same thing, rings once or twice and then cuts off, no service. I've reset my Obi110, checked for a firmware update (I have the latest), reset my router, reset my phone and then tried a different phone: nothing made a difference. Is anyone else having this problem? Maybe an issue with Google Voice? TIA

gbuffum

I am also having similar problems.  The call appears to connect, however no incoming or outgoing audio.  I've reset my router and obi and still having the same problem.  Same behavior for both incoming and outgoing calls.

FYI I updated to latest firmware and same problem.  I'm opening a service ticket.

imno007

Quote from: gbuffum on July 06, 2015, 01:44:29 PM
I am also having similar problems.  The call appears to connect, however no incoming or outgoing audio.  I've reset my router and obi and still having the same problem.  Same behavior for both incoming and outgoing calls.

FYI I updated to latest firmware and same problem.  I'm opening a service ticket.

My service seems to be back to normal now. I made a call just a short while ago that went through fine. Probably just a temporary problem with the Google network, at least in my case.

SteveInWA

This particular problem was identified and fixed by Google Engineering this afternoon.

There is an unrelated problem causing failure to receive inbound GV calls via XMPP on some GV accounts.  I don't have any resolution information on that one yet.

If you have that problem, please post over on the GV help forum:

https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/orGScGDnsgg/discussion