News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 and PBXes.org

Started by jclark5093, June 11, 2011, 06:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jclark5093

Is it possible to link my PBXes account to my Obi device? I already have it set up with my trunks that I use on my smartphone, and it would be nice to have everything consolidated.

I posted something a bit more vague in another forum, but this is what and where I should have posted.

I know nothing of Asterisk, though I'm technically adept I just don't have that knowledge. I do have my PBXes set up properly and use it with CSipSimple on Android. I would like to use it on my Obi100 as well.

Thanks  ;)

Riyas

Hi,

I can confirm you that pbxes.org is working with Obi. I have one pbxes account (free one) set in SP1 with 2 inbound and 2 outbound routes. I am using dial plan (in pbxes) to select the correct route. If you need any help to configure it, feel free to ask me. I'll try my best.

codex22

Though I'm not the original poster, I'd like to see the correct settings for registering a OBI-110 to pbxes.org.

I just tried and only get "Register Failed: No Response From Server ".

Thanks

Michael

RonR

In most cases, the only settings required (from Defaults) to register the OBi as a SIP client to a SIP server are:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> SIP -> ProxyServer

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> AuthUserName

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> AuthPassword

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_ServProvProfile : (must match ITSP Profile)

codex22

Hi Ron,

I haven't had a problem configuring another SIP service. Just can't get it to work with PBXes.

There has been a thread in January (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=46.msg77#msg77) in which somebody had the exact same problem.

OBISupport answered with:
"Our next firmware release will have the fix for this."

There have been releases since, but maybe that fix (whatever it is exactly) never made it in?

Michael

RonR

codex22,

I signed up for a free PBXes account and created extension 1234.

In the OBi, I set ProxyServer to pbxes.org, AuthUserName to myusername-1234, and AuthPassword to the password I assigned to extension 1234.  After a reboot, the OBi instantly acquired SIP registration with 188.40.65.170.

codex22

Thanks Ron for your efforts!

Haven't done anything different, but it still doesn't work.

It's a remote OBI, I'll get one on site on the weekend, should be easier for testing.

Furthermore, I'm in the process of upgrading my PBXes account to get access to log files.

Will report back about my findings!

Michael

codex22

The local OBI worked with PBXes without a hitch - and soon later the remote one started to register as well.

Guess it was some network glitch that kept the remote one from getting through.

Thanks for the help!

Michael

jclark5093

I just got a second one (my original one got a red death light blinky.... we'll see about tech support/warranty...)

Anyway, assuming my old one is replaced I will definitely try this as a remote device (for using a softphone on my cell instead of using cell minutes... virgin mobile $25/mo ftw)

Thanks for the advice, guys - I'll test it on my new line tomorrow and report back!