News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTALK Down?

Started by ceg3, July 20, 2015, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

Did I miss the memo or are configs not available today?

ceg3

strange:  I can get to OBi expert but nothing opens.

SteveInWA

Screnshot, please?

Do you mean that the OBiTALK dashboard page opens, but you can't display settings such as system status?  Or, do you mean something else?

I use Google Chrome browser.  I recently found that Chrome browser running on my Chromebook or Chromebox won't display the information in the right-hand frame for OBi Expert (or the local web page), for things like detailed status or most settings.  Chrome on Windows seems to work.  You may want to try using MS Internet Explorer for comparison. Perhaps there is a bug in the latest beta builds of Chrome that causes an incompatibility with the way the OBi web pages are rendered.

ceg3

The column on the left appears but details don't open.  I just found out the Chrome browser is somehow causing it.  I just tried IE (horrors) and it works.  Weird!

Just checked and it's fine with FireFox.  Chrome is somehow blocking the content, as if it's a popup or something.  I'm on the beta channel, but this is odd.

ceg3

I would really appreciate knowing if anyone else has encountered this Chrome anomaly.

WelshPaul

I had an issue a few weeks back where I couldn't access the right column when logging in locally to any Onihai device. I was running a Beta version of chrome, tried resetting chrome's settings but didn't resolve my issue! I installed the latest public release without removing chrome Beta first yet the issue remained.

What worked for me was uninstalling chrome from my PC and then installing a fresh.

Internet explorer, Safari and Firefox all worked just fine.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

ceg3

Thanks for that!  I couldn't imagine it was just me, but you describe it perfectly.  The right columns are being blocked by something in Chrome.  I updated one system to the DEV channel, but that didn't fix it.  Will likely have to follow your lead and reinstall.

Bummer.  A reinstall did not fix this.  I reinstalled the stable build and that didn't do it.

AClab

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 20, 2015, 04:46:05 PM
Chrome on Windows seems to work.

Quote from: ceg3 on July 21, 2015, 09:59:01 AM
Thanks for that!  I couldn't imagine it was just me, but you describe it perfectly.  The right columns are being blocked by something in Chrome.  I updated one system to the DEV channel, but that didn't fix it.  Will likely have to follow your lead and reinstall.

Bummer.  A reinstall did not fix this.  I reinstalled the stable build and that didn't do it.

This issue just started for us today, within the past 12 hours.  

Chrome for Windows.

Version 44.0.2403.89 m.

As a work-around, you can just bookmark the actual .htm, .xml, etc URLs to access the pages in Chrome.

SteveInWA

I've asked Obihai to look into this issue.  "Do not attempt to adjust your set"...it's not a user-related problem.  My guess is that one of the recent security bug fixes to Chrome is blocking the method Obihai uses to display those details frames.  As an aside, I am having problems with another website, too, so it may take some time for the Chrome developers to refine the code.

BigJim_McD

I'm also having issues with Google Chrome after an update today.

Pages are not displaying in OBiTalk Expert Mode and also
most pages don't display in direct web view on OBi devices using
Google Chrome after upgrade to Version 44.0.2403.89 m (64-bit).

This issue is present on my PC on Windows 10 64-bit, also on
my Windows 10 virtual machine. 

There is no issue using Chrome on my Android tablet.
BigJimMcD

AClab

Quote from: AClab on July 23, 2015, 08:58:36 AM
As a work-around, you can just bookmark the actual .htm, .xml, etc URLs to access the pages in Chrome.

I put together a short list of the various links to access the local pages on the portal.

This is using an OBi202.  Obviously, there will be some differences for the OBi1xx series.

SteveInWA

Or, simply use a different web browser until this gets fixed.

AClab

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 23, 2015, 03:49:46 PM
Or, simply use a different web browser until this gets fixed.

Thanks!  that's a great work-around. 

Obviously using a different browser is always an option, but that's a good solution for those who either can't use a different browser, don't want to use a different browser, or are having issues in multiple browsers.

Why, you're very welcome.  ;D

First rule of support.  Not all solutions are viable for all with an issue.

gmercator

I have also been plagued with this issue...

My main "web computer" is an ASUS Chromebox, which of course runs the ChromeOS and (unless one wants to co-install Linux) can only use the Chrome browser...

Several weeks ago I was on the Beta channel, and when it updated to Chrome 44, the Obi110 webpage suddenly lost all access to content in the right-hand panel... just the left-hand panel was visible and the rest of the screen was blank..

I decided to go back to the Stable channel by doing a powerwash and reinstalled ChromeOS.. not too difficult... I was then back on Chrome 43 and the Obi webpage worked again

A couple of nights ago the Stable channel updated to Chrome 44 and the Obi webpage is back to showing a blanked-out right panel

My alternate Windows 7 laptop also upgraded Chrome from 43 to 44 and it too blanks out the right hand panel of the Obi110 webpage.

That machine has Firefox 39 (which still works fine) and Pale Moon 25 (which works fine... it is an older version of Firefox which is maintained for those who don't like the newer Firefox)

Just wanted to add to the list here of Obi users who cannot use Chrome 44

Thanks

SteveInWA

Sorry you spent that effort to powerwash and go back and forth between channels.  As you found, the bug is with the latest builds of Chrome Browser, regardless of it being Windows or Mac or Chrome OS X.

I heard back from Obihai that they're aware of the issue and they're looking into fixing it.

So, again:  until this is fixed, use another browser (or another computer if you're a Chrome OS user) if possible, or you can use the direct URLs to the frames, linked above.

ceg3

Out of the blue, without an update (I update Chrome manually) I am mostly normal.  The right frame still jumps a bit, but then loads the full page in expert settings. ;D