News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Compatible Headsets?

Started by abrecher, July 10, 2015, 01:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abrecher

I just ordered my OBi1062 via Amazon. I'd like to know which wired and wireless headsets are compatible with this phone, please?

SteveInWA

RTFM:  http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiPhoneDS.pdf

It has both a RJ-9 modular jack (typically used with professional headsets from Plantronics or Jabra/GN Netcom), and a 3.5mm audio jack, as found on consumer wired headsets for cell phones.  Pretty much any product that has one of those plugs will work.

drgeoff

Should also work with Bluetooth headsets.

SteveInWA

True.  I didn't mention that, because the phone itself has such suburb audio quality that it's best used with a high-quality, professional-class headset.  These professional wireless headsets have much longer range (thousands of feet) vs.  30 feet if you're lucky for BT.  BT headsets also sound really crappy compared to a good wired or wireless headset.  Of course, for folks who only know how a cell phone with a BT headset sounds, it's a low bar to exceed.

Xipper

Just don't expect the advertised EHS (electronic hook switch) to work, they claim these phones have it but they do not...they have never implemented and refuse to give any estimates on when they will. 

ysdraft

Hi all
I'm new at OBi and just got the 1062.
i couldn't figure out how to switch from the handset to a Bluetooth headset in middle of a call.
i would appreciate any advice.
Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: ysdraft on October 11, 2015, 08:09:08 PM
Hi all
I'm new at OBi and just got the 1062.
i couldn't figure out how to switch from the handset to a Bluetooth headset in middle of a call.
i would appreciate any advice.
Thanks
I don't know about the 1000 series phones and your Bluetooth headset but typically that switching is done by pressing a button on the headset.

ysdraft

thanks for the reply.
I finally figured it out, my handset was plugged in to the "headsets" jack instead, so when I pressed the headset-button the call went to the handset, and couldn't get to the Bluetooth headset.