News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Disturbance and Disconnections on OBILINE PSTN Bridged Connections

Started by SALEEMTCIGULF, July 16, 2015, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SALEEMTCIGULF

I have an issue with my OBILINE adapter which is connected to my OBI 202 via USB.

Now my problem is as follows:

When I make a OBI call to my OBI 202 and bridge it to a PSTN line via the OBILINE adapter, the calls goes through OK and after a few minutes I start hearing long press DTMF tones and other tones in the call. It sounds like someone is dialing using touch tone phone and other funny continuous tone signals in the call. Impossible to talk and most of time call disconnects.

I have tried resetting device and don't know what to do? So far unable to use the OBILINE adapter.

Will appreciate if anyone can help on this issue.

Thanks

drgeoff

I assume you have confirmed this does not happen if you make a call from a phone on the 202 which goes out via the OBiLINE.

SteveInWA

Quote from: SALEEMTCIGULF on July 16, 2015, 09:45:55 AM
I have an issue with my OBILINE adapter which is connected to my OBI 202 via USB.

Now my problem is as follows:

When I make a OBI call to my OBI 202 and bridge it to a PSTN line via the OBILINE adapter, the calls goes through OK and after a few minutes I start hearing long press DTMF tones and other tones in the call. It sounds like someone is dialing using touch tone phone and other funny continuous tone signals in the call. Impossible to talk and most of time call disconnects.

I have tried resetting device and don't know what to do? So far unable to use the OBILINE adapter.

Will appreciate if anyone can help on this issue.

Thanks

Aside from the obvious:  one of you has their phone handset pressed against your cheek causing the DTMF being sent.  You could also have a problem with either the hardware, or with your network connection.

If that's not the issue, make sure you have upgraded the device's firmware to the latest build:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8982.0

If the problem still occurs, then open a support ticket with OBiHAI.

B2theP

Any

Resolution on the OP's issue.  I am having this same problem.

Only happens when I dial from remote OBi200 back to our main office OBi200 OBiLine on outbound calls.  Calling from Phone attached to Main Office OBi200 using OBiLine as primary outbound line does not produce the DTMF tone.

I work remotely and hate using my cell/GV number as outbound CID.  Much more confusing for the client and a PIA for me when they call me back in the middle of the night.

SteveInWA

If your main concern is sending the company's caller ID on your outbound calls, you could instead get a SIP VoIP account, follow the SIP provider's procedure to spoof the office's caller ID number, and then provision that account on your home OBi 200.  You can thus selectively use either your personal GV number or your company's number for outbound calls, depending on which OBi SP you select when making calls.

azrobert

The OP of this thread is also bridging the call using the OBiTalk network. I don't know if the problem is caused by bridging the call over OBiTalk, just bridging the call or something else. You can try bridging the call using another method. There are a few ways to do this.
1. Bridge call between the 2 OBi200s using IP addresses. This would require port forwarding in the local router.
2. Define the local OBi200 as a proxy. Install a softphone on a computer or your cell phone and register it to the local OBi200. This would eliminate the remote OBi200 from the process. It also requires port forwarding.
3. If you have an inbound trunk defined on the local OBi200, just call that number and have the call routed to the Auto Attendant and then use the AA to send the call to OBiLine. This would be the easiest to configure.

The 1st two are fairly complex configurations and I don't know if any of these will work. Let me know if you want to try and I'll walk you thru the setup. It will require using OBi expert for the configuration.

Like I suggested in your other thread, you can buy an OBi110 to replace the OBiLine. I have an OBi200 and an OBi110 and bridge calls to PSTN without any problems. I don't remember reading any post with your problem bridging calls to an OBi110.

Lavarock7

A shot in the dark here...

I wonder if changing DTMF from inband might help.

Perhaps voice frequencies are triggering DTMF. Talk-Off, or Talkoff, is the term that describes when a human voice is able to trigger touch tones, or DTMF tones during a telephone call. Talk-Off occurs when a signal processing system tries to translate sounds into to touch tones. Some people's voices are able to recreate touch tones frequently relative to the general population.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

yfmh

Folks:
I am experiencing the same problem.  No one is touching the handset to generate a dial tone.  Also sometimes the dial tone sound happens and sometimes it does not.  However there is always a drop in the call.  Here are the details

I have Obi200.  It is connected to Obiline which is connected to a PSTN.  The Obi200 is registered with GV.  When a caller dials this GV number he/she gain access to the PSTN and dial out through the PSTN.  The call goes through normally.  However the caller through the GV number (I will call him GV party) experience a silence in the call and could not hear the party he called using the PSTN which I will call him the PSTN party.  On the other hand the PSTN party hears the GV party pretty well during this drop time.  Occasionally, the GV party hears a dial tone sound during the drop of the call.  It is not always though.  I also want to mention that the call goes normal when it is answered through the Phone connected to Obi200.

yfmh

Folks:
Had anyone find a solution (or specific setting) to solve the drop in the sound when using Obiline?  Let me refresh your memory and explain the situation once more:
1)   I am the Obiline user (connected to Obi 200).  
2)   When a call is established using obiline (whether I am the dialer or the receiver of the call), the remote caller (who does not have an obiline connected to his/her obi box or may be using a regular line or mobile) experience a drop in my sound and hear a beep (similar to DTMF, although no one is pushing any buttons on the phone).  I, on the other hand, don't experience such drop in the sound coming from the remote caller nor I hear the beep.
3)   The drop in the sound usually takes 15 seconds (more or less).  It occurs randomly with no pattern to detect.
4)   I experience this issue with the Obiline even after using it on different Obi boxes and whether the Obiline is connected to a PSTN and VoIP.

I am really frustrated and cannot put my hand on the issue.  Is this a glitch in the Obiline.