News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Lost dialtone (but calls are working)

Started by Riyas, June 12, 2011, 01:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riyas

My box was working good. But suddenly without changing anything, I've lost dialtone (during outbound call). For ex, When I call my mobile, there is no dialtone but after sometime, it starts ringing. I didn't change anything related to inbound calls or ringtones. 

RonR

If all else fails, backup your configuration so you can easily restore it (except for passwords).  Then reset the OBi to factory defaults and see if you get dialtone and can call **9 222 222 222.  If you don't get dialtone from factory defaults, then there must have been some kind of hardware failure.

Riyas

Thanks RonR, actually everything else is working. I am getting dialtone with Obion for iphone. I have issue only when I call through phone port (no dial tone but calls are connecting). I am gonna try your suggestion and get back to you...

RonR

Quote from: Riyas on June 12, 2011, 01:43:24 PM
I am getting dialtone with Obion for iphone. I have issue only when I call through phone port (no dial tone but calls are connecting).

The dialtone with OBiON for iPhone is generated by the OBiON app.  The dialtone for the OBi PHONE Port is generated by hardware in the OBi.  The two aren't related.

Please let us know the outcome.

Riyas

Actually It was my fault. My "DetectOutboundConnectMethod" was set to "Detect Speech"... Changed it to None. Now it's working... Sorry for troubling you. Thanks

RonR

Setting LINE Port DetectOutboundConnectMethod to Detect Speech doesn't disable the dialtone on the PHONE Port here.

timrand

I am having a similar problem.  No dial tone and can't dial out.

Also my OBI100 is restarting automatically during a call - very inconvenient.

RonR

If your OBi is rebooting repeatedly, the first step is to reset it to factory defaults and carefully reconfigure it.  If the rebooting continues, you'll probably need Obihai to take a look at it.  It should not be rebooting on its own.