News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialing with Pauses - A Solution

Started by azrobert, July 19, 2015, 10:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

This is another one of my dumb ideas and not very practical, but it does work.
First, the OBi does support pauses on the Line port, but not on a SP trunk.
Inserting a comma into the dialed number will produce a pause.
I defined a speed dial on my OBi110 like this:
li(18005551212,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2)
You could use a DigitMap to insert the commas.

I then connected the line port on the OBi110 to the phone port on an OBi200.
If you have an OBi202 with an OBiLine, I assume you can loop the line port to the phone2 port on the same device.
After I dialed the speed dial on the OBi110, the call went to the phone port on the OBi200.
The OBi200 then placed the call with pauses using SP1.
The IVR system receiving the call recognized the DTMF tone after the pauses.

I learned about the pauses from ianobi here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3759.0

While the OBi110 is processing the pauses and subsequent DTMF tone, you don't hear any audio. After the OBi110 processed the dial sequence there was still a couple seconds before I received any audio. In my test there was a 2nd IVR prompt and the beginning was truncated because of the delay in receiving any audio.

2nd Test
I just used the OBi110 to make a call with pauses.
I connected the Line port to the Phone port.
I initiated the call with an Android phone pointed at the IP address of the OBi110 with CSipSimple.
I called the OBi110 with CSipSimple and was routed to the AA.
I dialed the speed dial number.
The call routed out the Line port and looped back to the Phone port on the OBi110.
The call was then routed out SP1.
This test I called the OBi200 and not an IVR.
After I answered the call on the OBi200, I heard the DTMF tones.

MurrayB

Please - your ideas are never dumb and serve practicality to someones problem.

WelshPaul

For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

azrobert

Quote from: WelshPaul on July 20, 2015, 10:13:48 AM
Ummm where did the last post go?  ???
I was censored. Let's see if they will remove this post too.

ianobi

Looks like a case of pointless paranoia to me by Obihai. Still, it does show that they read the posts here. It's a pity they don't make a more positive contribution to the forum.

azrobert

Here is the post with the offending words removed.

Test 3
I connected the Line port on my OBi110 to the Phone port on my extra OBi ATA.
I configured the ATA to point to the IP address of my OBi110's SP2.
Using the phone attached to the OBi110, I dialed the speed dial from my previous post.
The call routed out the Line port to the Phone port of the extra OBi ATA.
The call was looped back to the OBi110 and routed out SP1 with the pauses.

ianobi

Test 3:

Technically good and very diplomatic   :D

azrobert

This is the 2nd time I was censored by the word police. Both times I was recommending hardware to improve the functionality of an OBi ATA. The 1st was a repeat of many posts on the forum recommending generic hardware as an extra phone port for an OBi. My crime was to give links where to purchase this hardware and a link explaining its setup.

The post removed from this thread didn't specify the brand of the hardware. I described the hardware by its cost and one more word. I gave the forum name that has a thread describing its setup, but not a link to that thread.

I wonder if a similar thing happened to RonR and it's the reason he quit posting here.

Do you think this post will be removed?

MurrayB

I was under the impression that RonR got into a "disagreement" with another member who I think no longer participates.

ianobi

The RonR situation was that he always recommended making all changes from the local web page and always disabling the OBi Portal / Expert Pages method. This went against Obihai's policy and he was made aware by them that he was not welcome here unless he changed his advice. The same argument was indeed going on between RonR and another member with initials MT, who also left the forum.

I notice in your original post in this thread that the post you referred to by myself will be three years old in a few days. I was a newbie back then - I guess I'm an oldie now   :)  I may know enough now to go back and answer my own question!

infin8loop

Quote from: ianobi on July 21, 2015, 07:59:39 AM
.... I may know enough now to go back and answer my own question! ....

You just need a DeLorean and a Flux Capacitor.  ;D
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

MurrayB

I was thinking of the RonR MT feud but did not want to mention MT. I was not aware of the Obihai ultimatum.

ianobi

QuoteYou just need a DeLorean and a Flux Capacitor.  Grin

Nope - just popped back in my Type 40 TARDIS and changed history to make it look like I know what I'm doing   :D