News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100, Netgear WRN2500, Google Voice, Offline

Started by Catonine, July 23, 2015, 01:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catonine

I am a first-time Obi user. I'm trying to set up an Obi100 with Google Voice through a Netgear WRN2500. My device (as displayed in the Dashbard) is offline, and I can't make calls. I've got Google Voice connected to the device apparently properly. I've followed the online setup tutorials, but to no avail. Any ideas?

SteveInWA

There is currently a problem with the portal not communicating with some OBi devices.  I've asked Obihai to look into it.  Since the portal is required to configure GV, I'd just enjoy your summer for a couple of days until it's working correctly again (when the red "Offline" goes away.

YohanT

I have the same problem. SP1 Google Voice and SP2 Phonepower are marked in red as "Offline" on both devices Obi 100 & 200 in different locations. But I can call and receive calls. Due to this thread I know the reason. I was scared since I travelled and when I arrived in my vacation home I thought I would not have phone connection. Why can there not be a note on the homepage or when I log into my account? :(

SteveInWA

I rarely suggest that users give companies a hard time, but in this case, it happens so frequently, that yes, there ought to be an online status page, but better yet, it ought to not go down so frequently over weekends.  Please feel free to open a ticket with Obihai or otherwise let them know that this is a hassle.