News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 - GV on SP1 and POTS for outbound faxing/911

Started by TagCdog, March 29, 2015, 03:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TagCdog

Hello OBiTALK Community,

I have what hopefully is a quick question.

I have quickly tried searching and have not found a direct answer yet so was hoping someone can post the answer here or point me in the right direction!

I have an OBi110 and a GV account setup on SP1 which is already setup and works perfectly.

For inbound and outbound calls I always use my GV line.

SP2 is "Not Configured".

We randomly got a new phone line from Time Warner Cable as a bundle and were going to leave it unused. I recently reconsidered and figured it could be put to good use as an outbound fax line and also to make all outgoing 911 calls as well.

I plugged the TWC RJ11 cord into the Line port of my OBi110 and upon calling the TWC new number heard my house phone ring so I think it is all working.

Now my question is how do I dial out (for faxing) and how do I set up my OBi to know to use the POTS line for 911 calls?

Somewhere I read **8(phone#) but upon calling my cell from that method I only saw "Restricted Number" so I cannot confirm that it was calling out from my POTS line.

Thanks for your help!

azrobert

The OBi110 call history will show which trunk the call was routed.
To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column.
Then click Call History.

The default trunk for 911 on the OBi110 is PSTN.
Since you are logged in thru the local interface go to:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute
It might be grayed out.
If it is, uncheck the box to the right.
Now you can scroll right.
You should find rule "{(<#:>|911):li}"
This will confirm the default hasn't changed and 911 will be routed to PSTN.

FYI, you can't make configuration changes via the local interface unless you disable OBiTalk Provisioning.

How are you receiving faxes without the Fax picking up all inbound calls.
There are a couple ways to do this depending on the fax.
You could use a RJ11 splitter, so the fax could be connected directly to TWC.
Now you don't have to dial **8 prefix.

Timon

Found this thread after doing my basic setup. I've got a TW number coming into the line input plus two GV numbers on the two SIP ports.

Routing to 911 work great but I found that I needed a bit more pass throughs such as local 311, 511, 611 so I added them. The section of the test then looks as follows "{(<#:>|311|511|611|911):li}". Not that I've added those it's really working well.

So now I'm trying to figure out how to take care of a few other issues. I don't want normal calls coming in through our TW number to ring through when is easy just by adding DND to the line settings. However if certain numbers come it I want those to ring through. Don't know if that's possible but I'm looking.

azrobert

First, do you have a 10 second delay after dialing 311, 511 or 611? You need to add these to the Phone Port DigitMap to eliminate the long delay. The Phone Port DigitMap validates the dialed number before the OutboundCallRoute routes the call. If you don't get an explicit match, there will be a 10 second delay. If you want, you can code it like this [3569]11 instead of 311|511|611|911

Disable the DND option
Change the Line Port InboundCallRoute to:
{(1?8005551212|1?8005551313|1?8005551414):ph}

Only those 3 numbers will be routed to the Phone Port.
The 1? will allow for 10 or 11 digits CallerIDs.

Timon

Thanks,

I just picked the 110 up last night and I've almost got it running the way I want. This will fill in the few remaining pieces.

I found the map and if I follow correctly it would be:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|[35689]11|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

and the OutboundCall Map would be:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|[35689]11):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I left out 411 since I've never used it since I look everything up though the internet.

I'm impresses with the Obi, they've done a really nice job with the interface.