News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Disabling digit map items

Started by Hi-Wire, July 27, 2015, 11:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi-Wire

Hi there,

I use several Obihai devices with Anveo's hosted service. I need to disable certain digit map items, so that I can access Anveo services. Specifically, I need to disable:

##

Both of those dials are anveo-specific items that I need to use. Can you please Walk me through how to disable both of those?

Thanks.

azrobert

The following assumes Anveo is defined on SP1 and SP1 is your Primary Line. If Anveo is not defined on the Primary Line, you will need additional code.
Add the following to the ITSP A DigitMap:
*12|##|

If you have an OBi2xx, remove rule "{(<##:>):li}," from the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

Hi-Wire

Thanks!

I could use a bit more clarification, as I still haven't quite gotten this to work.

1. The following assumes Anveo is defined on SP1 and SP1 is your Primary Line.
How do I confirm this?

2. Add the following to the ITSP A DigitMap:
*12|##|

Is the syntax "(" and ")" starts and ends the definition of the ITSP A DigitMap, while "|" separates each parameter? In which case shouldn't I be adding
"|*12|##" right before the final ")"?

3. I use three Obi devices: Obi100, 202 and 508. Does that change your answer?

4. Any other changes I need to make?

Thanks again so much for your help on this!

azrobert

1. Is Anveo defined on SP1? The Primary Line is found in the Phone Port list of parms. It should be set to "SP1 Service"
2. You are correct if you want to place the code at the end of the DigitMap. My example can be placed anywhere in the DigitMap except at the end.
3. Same for all devices. "##" for the OBi202 is to get dial tone on the Line port, so you must remove the rule I suggested in my last post. The 508 is probably the same.

What is happening when you dial "*12" or "##"?

azrobert

Do you see anything in the OBi call history?

To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column.
Then click Call History.

Hi-Wire

Thanks again. To answer your questions:

1. Is Anveo defined on SP1? The Primary Line is found in the Phone Port list of parms. It should be set to "SP1 Service"
Yes. This is correct.

2. You are correct if you want to place the code at the end of the DigitMap. My example can be placed anywhere in the DigitMap except at the end.
Got it. This is how my ITSP Profile A General reads now:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.|*12|##)

3. Same for all devices. "##" for the OBi202 is to get dial tone on the Line port, so you must remove the rule I suggested in my last post. The 508 is probably the same.
I cannot find this. Here's what is under "Phone Port OutboundCallRoute":
{911:sp1},{933:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{#0:ao},{#2:ph2},{#3:ph3},{#4:ph4},{#5:ph5},{#6:ph6},{#7:ph7},{#8:ph8},{#*:ph2,ph3,ph4,ph5,ph6,ph7,ph8},{(<6:park>XX<;s=1>):pk},{(<7:pickup>XX<;d=0>):pk},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Recent Call History, as per your suggestion
Call 1   07/30/2015    13:14:09   
Remove
13:14:09   From PH1   To SP1(##)
13:14:09      Call Ended (404 Not Found)

Call 2   07/30/2015    13:14:02   
Remove
13:14:02   From PH1   To SP1(*12)
13:14:02      Call Ended (486 Busy Here)

azrobert

The call history shows ## and *12 being sent to SP1 and both being rejected.
Did I misunderstand what you wanted?

Hi-Wire

They were both rejected. Anveo has *123 and ## as functions. *123 allows a user to setup their voicemail. ## is used in-call for transfers. Both are have DIFFERENT functions by default with Obihai devices and are thus rejected. I would like to disable the Obihai functions, so I can use the Anveo functions.

Does that makes sense?

azrobert

The OBi does have a star code profile, but when you define a star code in the DigitMap it takes precedence over the star code profile. In your original post you request *12, not *123. Change the DigitMap to *123.

The call history clearly shows ## being sent to Anveo. What is the ## function? Are you using ## correctly?

Hi-Wire

I want to use *123, but *12, which is either a star code or in the digit map, interrupts me from dialing *123 to access my voicemail services (an Anveo "command").

When I'm on a call, I want to be able to dial ##[extension] to transfer a call to another extension - for example ##123, to transfer the call I'm on to extension 123. This is also an Anveo function, but it appears Anveo is interrupting that "command" as well.

Is that clear/make sense?

azrobert

Change ITSP Profile A General DigitMap to:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.|*123)

This is the only change needed to send *123 to Anveo.

The 202 and 508 have star code *12 defined, but it shouldn't interfere with dialing *123. The only way it will interfere is to dial *12 and pause for 2 or more seconds before dialing the 3. You can remove the *12 star code. Star codes are found here:

Star Codes -> Star Code Profile A
Find star code *12 and blank it out.

After a call is completed the OBi doesn't interfere with dialing any additional digits, so you don't need to do any configuration changes for dialing ## after you are in on an active call. The only exception to this non-interference is the Flash key. I don't know what would prevent you from dialing ## when on an active call.

Hi-Wire

Great! I got *123 to work with your ITSP change. While what you said about *12 only being activated after waiting two seconds, that change to my settings made this change work.

I'm still not sure what's up with "##" not working while on a call. It appears as though not many people have gone through the trouble of figuring this out when using Anveo's service. I've reached out to them, and will let you know what they say.

If you come up with any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi-Wire

Here's what Anveo said to me last night about the issue. Any ideas?

if you have ## enabled in the configuration of your OBI device but it does not work when you press ## on your device then it means that the device is not passing ## to anveo and traps it internally. In such case you need to investigate the issue on the device internally.

Hi-Wire

Hey there,

"*123" works great and "##", when typed during a call, works as well.

BUT, I'm now having problems dialing "*97" as well as "*99". Any thoughts on how to fix that?

Thanks!

Hi-Wire

Any thoughts on this anyone? Could really use some help. Thanks much!

OzarkEdge

Quote from: Hi-Wire on August 10, 2015, 08:39:01 AM
Hey there,

"*123" works great and "##", when typed during a call, works as well.

BUT, I'm now having problems dialing "*97" as well as "*99". Any thoughts on how to fix that?

Thanks!

Some rules to know:

o  OBi digits dialed (before establishing a call) must be mapped and routed in the OBi dial plan (digit maps and call routes) unless noted otherwise.  Typically, if you want to enable digits dialed for voice service SPn using ITSP Profilex digit map, you should map those digits in that respective digit map (Mspn).  Once a call is established, digits dialed are processed by the service provider, not by the OBi dial plan.

o  A dial plan does NOT apply to an OBi Call Forward TK(number).

o  A dial plan does NOT apply to an OBi Speed Dial TK(number) when the trunk TK() is specified. The Speed Dial 1-99 digits dialed are mapped in the PHONE port digit map (Mphn), but are not routed.

o  A dial plan does NOT apply to an OBi Voice Gateway AccessNumber TK(number).

o  OBi Star Codes are defined under the OBi web interface Star Codes and are matched automatically last by default and do NOT require dial plan support. However, precedence is given to a literal/exact match in either a digit map or call route to allow using a matching service provider feature code first (*xx is not a literal/exact match and will not disable any OBi Star Codes). A conflicting OBi Star Code can be reassigned under its Star Code Profile to still allow its use.

o  Examine the OBi Call History to confirm what digits dialed were routed to what voice service.  If no match is determined between the digits dialed and the PHONE port digit map (Mphn), the digits dialed are evaluated for a matching OBi Star Code. Otherwise, an an error message/fast busy signal is returned.

Therefore:

o  Since *12 is an OBi Star Code that matches by default, you must map *123 to override *12 and to pass *123 to Anveo.

o  You must not map ## since it is dialed during a call in progress.

o  You should map *97 and *99 to pass same to Anveo.  And this will override any same Star Codes, if defined under the active Star Code Profile.

So, your Anveo digit map should include rules |*97|*99|*123|.  And not rules |*12|##|.

Edit:  Actually, leaving ## in the dial plan for its default OBi usage should not affect dialing ## during a call in progress.

OE

Hi-Wire

Thanks, OzarkEdge!

To be candid, roughly 96.47% of what you said was over my head. That said, I've got the following commands working:

I did so by adding in:
|*97|*99|*123|
to my DigitMap

HOWEVER, now, when I'm on a call, pressing "##" does nothing. It is supposed to prompt me for an extension to transfer to.

Help! Any ideas on how to put this to bed?

OzarkEdge

You said previously that dialing ## works during a call.  Now it does not?

Apparently, ## is an Anveo in-call feature for call transfer, yes?  Well, when you dial ## during a call, the OBi dial plan is not in play.  Anveo should process the digits dialed, yes?

So, ask Anveo?

OE