News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Wondering if my OBI110 is on it's way out (Suggestions appreciated)

Started by b123guy, July 28, 2015, 01:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b123guy

Apology ahead of time for this being a long post.
Have had my OBI 110 since 2011.  Have been very pleased with it.  Had it nicely configured to be a hybrid between GV and the landline from the town phone company.  Worked fine until sometime yesterday.  Made no changes to it, its surge protected on the pots line, and is supported by an Apc box.  (No power outages, no storms yesterday)
Had noticed the box was becoming more chatty on my local network as of late, but brushed it off.
I needed to call the town PD during the night last night, and found to surprise that none of my speed dials were there any more   :o.  Attempted to log in to the box (it's set on static IP)..  It would not let me log in at all.  ???..   so I followed the steps to reset it  via IVR, and then with power reset.
Once able to get back into the box in Chrome, I only get a few of the pages in the web interface.. most all of the major ones come up blank.  Tried in IE, got almost simliar results.  Could get to the page where I can reinstall the firmware.   Put a new version of the firmware on.  Can administer in IE but can't in Chrome.   Cleared cache, ect.. no change in chrome.  After spending a good time on it today, I now have the dial plans back in place and GV configured and working..  However.. here's some things that I still have issues with:

Unit won't stay in full duplex.   Have changed the settings through the IVR.  but when I reboot, it reverts back to half duplex.  I had been able to fix by pulling power and resetting but it now won't go to full duplex at all.  is there any way to fix?  (Works way better on full duplex!)

2nd issue..  I used to be able to call into the AA and use my speed dial to make calls.  When inputting the number the system doesn't recognize the pound key.  it may be a slight oversight.. but any suggestions on this fix?

RFC3261

Quote from: b123guy on July 28, 2015, 01:35:42 PM
Can administer in IE but can't in Chrome.

The latest Chrome versions do not work with the Obi devices.  There is a fix for the website (which also broke), but a fix for the devices will require a firmware update (schedule/availability TBA).

So, that part is "understood".

b123guy

Thanks..  I had been able to see everything in Chrome with no trouble, but glad it's not just me.