News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't change value of X_InboundCallRoute from {ph2} to {>17771234567:ph2}

Started by hmp49, July 30, 2015, 05:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmp49

I have an Obihai202 about 2 years old, just upgraded firmware to latest (did not help)

I have Callcentric, and I've been getting SIP Spam calls.

I've read that the solution is to change {ph2} to {>17771234567:ph2} (obviously not my CallCentric acct number, just for instance)

What happens is I replace {ph2} with {>17771234567:ph2}, hit "Submit" then Reboot...

But after I reboot I again see {ph2}!

Any suggestions or alternative methods to avoid SIP Spam?

azrobert

The red ! indicates you correctly made the change. Uncheck both boxes to the right of the value to see the real value.

hmp49

Thank for for your reply. There is no ! on the page after {ph2}, I was merely expressing my surprise.

The attached image is what I see before I hit the "Submit" button. I only see one checkbox to the right. But after rebooting it goes back to {ph2}

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Harry

P.S. If I "return" to the page after "Submit" but before rebooting I still see {>17771234567:ph2}

azrobert

I thought you were using OBi Expert to configure your OBi.

If you use the local interface to configure your OBi you must disable OBiTalk auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay any changes you make.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

hmp49

That certainly explains it! Thanks for nailing it.

Do I lose all my setting if I disable autoprovisioning? I suppose I should back up my configuation and maybe print it out as well just to be on the safe side.

azrobert

You won't lose any settings, but it's a good idea to take a backup.

hmp49

Just wanted to say thanks, with your tip about using the Expert, I found how to enable it, made the change using the expert, everything worked perfectly, both lines checked and seem fine.