News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ignoring Pli and using OutboundCallRoute only

Started by Yannick, June 13, 2011, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yannick

I would like to use Google Voice for all US/CA calls and SP2 for others. To do so, I was looking at replacing the OutboundCallRoute digitmap with:

{(Msp1):sp1},{(Msp2):sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

with ISTPA(GV) digitmap = (<1609>xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx)

and ISTPB (Localphone) = (<0:32>xxxxxxxx|<0:32>xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Straightforward I thought with the addition of the above rules in bold. However, the DMP never gets to route to SP2. I am considering using syslog to troubleshoot but I am not sure it will help here.

Once I have fixed this for PHONE, I would like to see the same routing logic for AA or when I call using SoftPhone / Obion on iPhone.

Any thought ?
Thanks in advance.

RonR

Without seeing your PHONE Port DigitMap and PrimaryLine setting, I don't want to speculate why SP2 is never being used.

I would reccomend you leave the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute at their default values and make the following changes instead:

PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

ITSPA -> General -> Digitmap : (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1609>xxxxxxxS4|<**2>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

ITSPB -> General -> Digitmap : (xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

11-digit numbers beginning with 1 will be sent to SP1 unchanged.
7-digit numbers will be sent to SP1 with 1609 prepended.
All other numbers will be sent to SP2 unchanged.

No other changes are required for the Auto Attendant to behave similarly except:

Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Yannick

Thanks Ron, unfortunately this does not trigger SP2 for any number not starting with 1. Unless I dial **2:

All other settings are defaulted.

I am using Obi100 latest firmware.

Please help.

obi-support2

You can try this:

{(Msp1):sp1},{(<0:32>(Msp2)):sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

with ISTPA(GV) digitmap = (<1609>xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx)

and ISTPB (Localphone) = (0xxxxxxxx|0xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)
OBIHAI Support Staff

RonR

Yannick,

I don't see how that can be.  Only 7- and 11-digit numbers should go out SP1.  All others should automatically have **2 prepended which would send them out SP2.

Please post your PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

Yannick

I tried Obisupport's suggestion as well to no avail: all my calls get routed to GV unless I force otherwise (dial **2).
Resetting and doing this all over did not help.

Should I email my config file to support ? If this cannot be reproduced, it must be the device (bought 2 weeks ago).

RonR

Quote from: Yannick on June 15, 2011, 05:32:21 AM
If this cannot be reproduced, it must be the device (bought 2 weeks ago).

It's extremely unlikely this is a hardware issue and extremeny likely that it's a configuration issue.

Have you verified by accessing the OBi directly via the IP address returned by dialing ***1 that the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute have their Default boxes checked and the following settings are in place?:

PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

ITSPA -> General -> Digitmap : (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1609>xxxxxxxS4|<**2>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

ITSPB -> General -> Digitmap : (xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Yannick

Gents, I understand this looks weird but I reset the device, did not used the obiexpert (no autoprovisioning) and my only custom settings are (as per Ron here but I tried Obi-support2's):

What do you recommend before I reach out to support for a RMA ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

RonR

Yannick,

I'm at a loss to explain it.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how anything but 7- and 11-digit numbers go out SP1.  I was hoping that obi-support2 or someone would spot some flaw in my logic, but...

Yannick

Ron, Obi-support2, i have no idea what is different now but I have typed manually the digitmaps instead of copy/pasting - i suspect there may have been a space here and there as now the rules get applied as expected.
Thanks so much for having taken the time to help me out here.

RonR

Yannick,

Thanks for the update.  I stared at this settings over and over on several occasions and just couldn't see any reason for them not working.  I'm pleased to hear you got things going.