News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

LocalPhone and GV setup on OBI202

Started by music5_5, August 09, 2015, 08:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

music5_5

Hi guys,

I have just purchased obi202 device and set it up using my google account. I have also added my Localphone account settings. After adding the Server/password setting, localphone account shows register and active on obi. Now I am not sure how to route my calls using different numbers. This is what I want to do:

1. Any Canada/USA numbers to go thru GV

2. Any other numbers (such as 01191xxxx) should go thru Localphone.

I read some of the post which have similar setup but I am not sure. Can someone please help me with my setup?

Thanks a lot in advance,

drgeoff

If you want to understand how it works and be able to do it yourself, have a read of http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-DigitMapCallRoute-Tutorial-v1-1.pdf.

Otherwise keep your fingers crossed that the ever helpful azrobert, ianobi or similar reader will tell you exactly what to do.

(I take the "teach a man to fish....." approach unless it is clear that he is about to die of starvation.)

OzarkEdge

Quote from: music5_5 on August 09, 2015, 08:49:27 PM
Hi guys,

I have just purchased obi202 device and set it up using my google account. I have also added my Localphone account settings. After adding the Server/password setting, localphone account shows register and active on obi. Now I am not sure how to route my calls using different numbers. This is what I want to do:

1. Any Canada/USA numbers to go thru GV

2. Any other numbers (such as 01191xxxx) should go thru Localphone.

I read some of the post which have similar setup but I am not sure. Can someone please help me with my setup?

Thanks a lot in advance,

My approach to an OBi202 dial plan is outlined in my notes.  If I copy it for your needs and omit the bells and whistles, it would look like the following.

A few qualifiers:
o  I am not familiar with Localphone outbound dialing requirements, so these are assumed and may need to be adjusted.
o  I relegate GV to SP4... a lowest tier voice service.  SP2 and SP3 are left open for future SIP voice services.

1. Active Trunk Digit Maps

SPn Services...
911 Emergency Services dialing is enabled on Localphone.
International dialing is disabled on GV.
SP1 (Msp1) = ITSP Profile A, Localphone server account = ([49]11||<1>(Mdid)|(00|011|!001)xx.)
SP4 (Msp4) = ITSP Profile D, Google Voice server account = ((Mdid)|001(Mdid))

PP1 OBiTALK Service...
Dial 4222 for OBiTALK Echo Test.
PP1 (Mpp1) = OBiTALK server (no account required) = (<4222:ob222 222 222>|<ob>xxx xxx xxx|obxxx xxx xxx)

TGn Trunk Groups...
Trunks are listed left-to-right, high-to-low priority, low-to-high cost routing, or as desired. Outbound will failover to the next available trunk permissible by that trunk's digit map.
TG1 Trunk Group1 = sp4,sp1,pp1
TG1 (Mtg1) = ((Msp4)|(Msp1)|(Mpp1))

TG2 Trunk Group2 = sp4,sp1,pp1
TG2 (Mtg2) = ((Msp4)|(Msp1)|(Mpp1))

2. Active Endpoint Digit Maps and Outbound Call Routes

PHn PHONE Ports and respective PLI Primary Lines...
These are nearly standard and do not need to be changed.
PH1 (Mph1) = OBi PH1 digit map = (**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**8(Mli1)|**81(Mbt1)|**82(Mbt2)|**9(Mpp1)|**0|***|#|##|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|(Mpli))
PH1 {Rph1} = OBi PH1 outbound call route = {(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**8:>(Mli1)):li1},{(<**81:>(Mbt1)):bt1},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**9:>(Mpp1)):pp1},{**0:aa1},{***:aa2},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<##:>):li1},{(Mpli):pli}
PH1 PLI Primary Line = Trunk Group1
PH1 PLI (Mpli) = (Mtg1) ;automatic association, not set anywhere.

PH2 (Mph2) = OBi PH2 digit map = same as the full (Mph1) expression above
PH2 {Rph2} = OBi PH2 outbound call route = same as the full {Rph1} expression above except change {(<#:>):ph1} to barge into the other PHONE port
PH2 PLI Primary Line = Trunk Group2
PH2 PLI (Mpli) = (Mtg2) ;automatic association, not set anywhere.

3. Active User-Defined Digit Maps

(Mlabel) User-Defined Digit Maps...
Replace npa with own area code.
900 Pay-Per-Call dialing is barred (!900).
(Mdid) = DID = (<npa>[2-9]xx xxxx|([2-9]xx|!900)xxx xxxx|<1:>([2-9]xx|!900)xxx xxxx)

Summary

OBi Line1 PH1 PHONE1 Port outbound is routed to the Primary Line = TG1 Trunk Group1. Outbound will failover to the next available trunk permissible by that trunk's digit map.  Trunk list:
SP4 Google Voice server account.
o  SP1 Localphone server account.
o  PP1 OBiTALK server (no account required).

OBi Line2 PH2 PHONE2 Port outbound is routed to the Primary Line = TG2 Trunk Group2. Outbound will failover to the next available trunk permissible by that trunk's digit map.  Trunk list:
SP4 Google Voice server account.
o  SP1 Localphone server account.
o  PP1 OBiTALK server (no account required).

Local and long-distance will go out GV.  If GV is down, it will go out Localphone.  International will go out Localphone.  OBiTALK will go out OBiTALK.  Minimum-digit dialing is supported.  Manual routing is supported but not required.

See the OBi Configuration section in my notes to see where the above dial plan settings are made.

Also set:
SP1 Service - SP1 Service::X_NoRegNoCall = checked ;speed up trunk group failover.
SP4 Service - SP4 Service::X_NoRegNoCall = checked ;speed up trunk group failover.

Check the OBi web interface Status - Call History to confirm dialing results when testing a dial plan.

OE

ianobi

OzarkEdge has given you the super deluxe configuration that does cover all bases and allows for route failures. You should consider using it. However, as a first time poster you may find that configuration somewhat scary until you are more used to how OBi digit maps etc work. If the following is true (I'm guessing at most likely new setup), then a simple change will do what you want:

1. GV is configured on sp1.
2. LocalPhone is configured on sp2.
3. Primary Line is sp1 - so you don't need any ** codes to dial Canada/USA numbers.
4. 911 is working with your present configuration.

If all the above is true, then this will send all numbers that are not standard Canada / USA formats to sp2, which is LocalPhone:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxxS3|<**2>xx.S3)
Replace aaa with your local code.

As OE said - check Call History to prove where calls are going.

music5_5

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help.

@OzarkEdge has given lots of information but I am not sure how to use that info. Where do I place those rules?

@ianobi: You are correct about this being the new setup and my obi device is configured same way:

1. GV is configured on SP1
2. Local phone is configured on SP2

Right now I don't have any rules so every time I make call out to any usa/canada number then the call is placed using GV.

Currently 911 is not configured at all because I don't have any local number attached to this device. Can I still configured E911 on obi?

Now regarding the digimap rule, where do i enter all the info:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxxS3|<**2>xx.S3)
Replace aaa with your local code.

When I look under the service provider then ITSP Profile A General already has Google Voice as selected name. Do I change the digitMap under this option or should I profile B?

azrobert

You need to change the Google Voice ITSP A DigitMap. Use OBi Expert to make this change.

The OBi uses a 2 step process to route a call. First, the Phone Port DigitMap validates the dialed number. Rule (Mpli) in the Phone DigitMap points to the Primary ITSP DigitMap  (Google Voice DigitMap). Rule <**2>xx.S3 will validate any dialed number other than 7, 10 or 11 digits. It will also prefix these numbers with  **2

Next the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute will get control. Without any configuration changes rule {(Mpli):pli} will route the call to the primary line, but with ianobi's change the dialed number will have a **2 prefix and rule {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2} will route the call to SP2.

ianobi

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: music5_5 on August 10, 2015, 04:39:14 PM
@OzarkEdge has given lots of information but I am not sure how to use that info. Where do I place those rules?

It's time to go fishing!  :)

Study my notes under OBi202/Digit Maps and Call Routes/Digit Maps.  The various OBi digit maps and call routes are identified there.  Then review the OBi202/Configuration settings to learn where these are listed in the firmware.  I suggest you login to your OBi web interface and become familiar with the firmware layout.  Once you have become familiar with the OBi language, it's pretty easy to cut and paste and save settings.  When using the OBi web portal, you'll probably have to use Expert Mode.  You must use one or the other to configure your OBi, not both since the portal settings will overwrite any local changes.

Quote from: music5_5 on August 10, 2015, 04:39:14 PM
When I look under the service provider then ITSP Profile A General already has Google Voice as selected name. Do I change the digitMap under this option or should I profile B?

Some of the service-specific SPn voice service settings are listed separately under ITSP Profiles so that this common information can be referenced and shared by more than one SPn.  So for example, SP1 and SP2 might be two sub-accounts on VoIP.ms (for two extensions) and can therefore both reference the same ITSP Profile A settings for VoIP.ms including a digit map.  For SP1, this ITSP Profile A digit map will be internally referenced as (Msp1).  For SP2, this SAME ITSP Profile A digit map will be internally referenced as (Msp2)... ONE ITSP Profile A digit map serves as BOTH (Msp1) AND (Msp2).... learn this!  This is a simple many-to-one database simplification, but it can confuse most anyone.

You have a one-to-one situation... Localphone on SP1 will use ITSP Profile A... GV on SP4 will use ITSP Profile D.  Of course, this is how I proposed setting it up.  This keeps SP2 free for dedicating to PHONE2 Port later on, when you decide to get more clever.  And SP3 free for use with yet another SIP account.

OE

music5_5

Hi Guys,

After entering this:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1403>[2-9]xxxxxxS3|<**2>xx.S3)

Now I am receiving error 404. the number is rejected by service provider, reason 404. I have checked in obi dashboard and both of my services are connected:

GV is Connected
Local Phone is Registered

When I check the call history on LocalPhone side then nothing has been logged from dialed numbers.

drgeoff

Use the Call History on the device's local web interface to see what numbers are being sent and to which Serive Provider.

music5_5

Can the log history be access thru obitalk portal? or do I have to enable the local web interface?

music5_5

Just checked the Local web interface it shows:

Call 1 from PH1 --> to SP2 (XXXXXXXX) call ended (404 not found)

drgeoff

Quote from: music5_5 on August 25, 2015, 05:28:53 PM
Can the log history be access thru obitalk portal? or do I have to enable the local web interface?
The Obi's Call History cannot be accessed through the Obitalk portal.

drgeoff

What numbers are you trying to call through LocalPhone?

Your first post shows 9 digit numbers beginning 011.  Your Call History appears to show 8 digit numbers being sent to SP2.

If you are dailling an international number I think LocalPhone uses the ITU-recommended 00 prefix rather than the 011 of NANP countries.

music5_5

Hi drgeoff,

you are correct after adding extra zero front of my number, call goes thru fine. I will test it little more with different numbers and report back.

Is there anyway to modify those rule so that when I dial the number with 011 then call goes thru SP2 (LocalPhone) because I have saved all the numbers in phone and they all start with 011 not 0011.

Thanks,

OzarkEdge

Quote from: music5_5 on August 25, 2015, 09:17:33 PM
Is there anyway to modify those rule so that when I dial the number with 011 then call goes thru SP2 (LocalPhone) because I have saved all the numbers in phone and they all start with 011 not 0011.

You map the intended digits dialed in the desired voice service digit map (Mspn), and not map them in the other voice service digit map(s).  Then when you dial a 011- number, it maps and routes to the desired trunk.

If you map 011- in more than one trunk digit map, then you must either route the call manually to the desired trunk using dialing prefix **x, or order the desired trunk's outbound call route rule to the left in the outbound call route or trunk group.

The dial plan I proposed already routes 011- to LocalPhone since this trunk digit map is the only one that maps 011- numbers.  When you send 011- to the dial plan, it flows through the digit map 'mask', matching LocalPhone all the way through and out that trunk in the trunk group... the OBi way!

OE

azrobert

You are using ianobi's suggestion, so do the following:

I believe you need to REPLACE 011 with 00

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|00xx.S3|<011:00>xx.)

Rule <011:00>xx. will do what you want

011 plus xx. is used to match the dialed number
Upon a match 011 is removed and replaced by 00

If you want to just add an extra zero:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|0011xx.S3|<0>011xx.)

The other rules will be used if you dial **2...... to force a call out SP2

music5_5

Hey Guys,

I am still getting error 404 when making call using 01191xxxxxxxxxx format. When I checked the call logs, it shows:

Call 1          10/03/2015            10:41:49   
10:41:49           From PH1                To SP2(01191xxxxxxxxxx)
10:41:51                                   Call Ended (404 Not Found)

Call 2          10/03/2015            10:47:32   
10:47:32           From PH1                To SP2(1403xxxxxxx)
10:47:34      Ringing
10:47:43      Call Connected
10:47:57                                          Call Ended   

2nd call is local call to my other landlines which goes thru but it is going thru SP2 which is LocalPhone.