News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I configure GetOnSIP for OBi1062

Started by mkendrick, August 10, 2015, 02:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkendrick

I've seen a few responses for how to configure GetOnSIP with OBiTALK, but so far I haven't been able to get my OBi1062 to register successfully.  What is the the correct mapping of my GetOnSIP parameters to OBiTALK's "Generic Service Provider"?

--- My GetOnSIP Profile ---
SIP Address: mkendrick@getonsip.com
Username: mkendrick
Domain: getonsip.com
SIP Password: <redacted>
Auth Username: getonsip_mkendrick
Outbound Proxy: sip.onsip.com

The following settings on OBiTALK result in "Register Failed: 403 Forbidden".

Service Provider Proxy Server: getonsip.com
Service Provider Proxy Server Port: 5060
Outbound Proxy Server: getonsip.com
Outbound Proxy Server Port: 5060
Username: getonsip_mkendrick
Password: iMyv2PCQYwXfQDWq
URI:

azrobert

You need to turn on DNS SRV support. You can't define this parm using the generic wizard, so you need to use OBi Expert to configure GetOnSip.

Assuming you want to use SP2:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: getonsip.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix: Checked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: getonsip_mkendrick
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> URI: mkendrick
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword: Your_PW
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

Edit:
If you need to use GetOnSip for outbound calls, add the following:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> OutboundProxy: sip.onsip.com

nsne

Don't mean to draw attention to it, but you've posted your password publicly. Might be a good time to change it.

SeanTek

I am trying to set up my new Obi1062 with GetOnSIP, and unfortunately it's not working.

It looks like some settings are getting overwritten by the OBiTALK automatic configuration website, somehow. Sometimes the proxy port or outbound proxy port is set to 0 instead of 5060. I got that fixed; however, the SIP URI is getting reset to blank.

I set up the service online, then went in to the device website to configure the final settings manually (DNS SRV, force the SIP URI). The device reboots. For a few seconds, the device shows that it is properly registered with GetOnSIP:

SP4 Service Status
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Registered (server=199.7.175.102:5060; expire in 56s)

But then the screen clears out as it applies new settings. This is followed by:
SP4 Service Status
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Register Failed: 403 Forbidden (server=199.7.175.102:5060; retry in 113s)

At this point, the URI field gets reset to blank.

This is a new phone; the software version is 5.0.0 (Build: 3223.1311). I updated the firmware once I received it. Other services such as Google Voice and generic SIP providers are working fine. Ideas on how to get GetOnSIP to work?

SteveInWA

Sean, your "gotcha" is that settings made on the local web page interface (e.g. 192.168.x.x) are overwritten by the settings stored in the OBiTALK portal.   On the IP phone, it's amusing or annoying, depending on one's mood, to watch this happen, just as you described...it accepts your change, then the portal sees that something's different, so it pushes another change and reboots the phone.

So:  make the change in Expert Mode on your OBiTALK portal account for the 1062.  If you haven't already figured it out, you must first un-check both boxes to the right of the parameter to be changed, before you can customize it.  Click the submit button to save and push the change.

You can disable OBiTALK programming entirely, but I suggest working from the portal for now.

SeanTek

Quote from: SteveInWA on January 09, 2016, 09:07:43 PM
Sean, your "gotcha" is that settings made on the local web page interface (e.g. 192.168.x.x) are overwritten by the settings stored in the OBiTALK portal.   On the IP phone, it's amusing or annoying, depending on one's mood, to watch this happen, just as you described...it accepts your change, then the portal sees that something's different, so it pushes another change and reboots the phone.

So:  make the change in Expert Mode on your OBiTALK portal account for the 1062.  If you haven't already figured it out, you must first un-check both boxes to the right of the parameter to be changed, before you can customize it.  Click the submit button to save and push the change.

You can disable OBiTALK programming entirely, but I suggest working from the portal for now.

Got it! Looks like GetOnSIP works now! I made a successful test call.

drgeoff

It is also somewhat annoying or amusing that each time someone makes a new post when they have fallen foul of this, immediately above in the topic list is written in bold characters Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both.