News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 + voip.ms setup

Started by JohnD, June 13, 2011, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnD

I'm tring to set up my Obi110 with voip.ms as SP2. Went thru the config wizard and the status shows as Registered. Inbound calls work fine, but trying to make outbound calls get a message that the number was rejected by the service provider, Reason 491. This is whether I set up SP2 as default, or if I set the regular phone line to default and dial **2 xxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone encountered something like this?

baxtr

Voip.ms has a big list of countries for which you must provide an ID for verification before you can call out. The country I tried to call gave a busy signal before I obtained verification.

Dale

I am also getting this. Calling South Africa even though I have enabled international calling in the voip.ms side. I opened a ticket with them.

Dale

It appears that this has nothing to do with the call being international. I get the same with calling an 800 number....

The voip.ms folk suggested I remove the leading '1' in my caller id I set in voip.ms I did that without any change in the result.

The error message that is read out says the number you have called **118005551212 was not accepted by the service provider reason 491 - but the fact that it also reads back the **1 which I dialed to access SP1  (SP2 is my default) suggests that the entire set of digits might be going to voip.ms and not just the 18005551212 part....

or this is an Obi message and t recites everything...?

Stewart

Quote from: Dale on October 23, 2011, 09:14:24 AMor this is an Obi message and t recites everything...?
The OBi does recite everything, but if you look in the OBi web page at your Call History, the left hand Peer Number will show what you dialed and the right hand side will show what was sent to the provider.

RonR

Quote from: Dale on October 23, 2011, 09:14:24 AM
or this is an Obi message and t recites everything...?

The OBi recites everything you entered.  If you look at the Call History, you will see what you entered in the left column and what was actually sent to the provider in the right column.

Dale

Thanks! I had not noticed that detail.  It is clear that just 18005551212 is being sent to voip.ms, I'll get back to them.

Dale

after numerous communications with voip.ms a new person pointed out that international calls will only work after voip.ms has verified one's ID at https://www.voip.ms/m/verification.php

The 800 number issue may be related to that number rejecting calls from Google Voice numbers, not sure yet.

Hopefully the link to the verification step at voip.ms will save someone else days of voip.ms tickets....

infin8loop

On voip.ms you should be able to dial 18004444444 for testing.  It will answer with something to the effect "Thank you for calling MCI, our system indicates you are calling from xxxxxxxxxx" (after you hear this simply hang up).   If you are using the voip.ms "Value" route for Toll-Free Routing (free) your callerid# may not be delivered properly and thus the number echoed won't be correct.  If you use the "Premium" route for Toll-Free Routing (1.06 cents per min) your callerid# should be delivered properly.  This works on my voip.ms setup on their Dallas server. See voip.ms Main Menu/Account Settings/Account Routing.
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher