News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newb, obi202 auto attendant config/ setup

Started by zekeallmon, August 21, 2015, 11:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zekeallmon

Hello,

Ive used an obi110 for a couple of years, but my issue is: I am a sole proprietor/ only tech at a small I.T. shop that focuses on a specific area of I.T.  I also do other I.T. work..

I mention that because, I want to throat punch people who call me at 8 pm or 6 am because they cant open a pdf or some other non-emergency issue. 

I was looking into snom and other services, but did some research and thought that the obi202 could be a cost efficient solution.

What I'd like to do is schedule Auto Attendant to go to day mode at 8am, and night mode at 5:01p M-F and all day saturday.

During day mode, (if possible) Id like to have a voice greeting that tells people to "Press 1 if you are a monthly maintenance customer.  Press 2 if you are a security camera customer.  Press 3 if .. blah blah blah".  Then after the user presses 1, Id like to say "Normal business hours are 8 am to 5 pm, if you are calling during normal hours and THIS IS AN EMERGENCY i.e. server wont turn on/ boot, etc then press 1. If this is not an emergency press 2 to leave a message blah blah blah.".

Then after hours, Id like to have a separate greeting that says "Your effed, emergency rates are 2 trillion dollars, but if you want to pay, press one to be sent to our After hours emergency line.  If you want to wait, and you should, because I hate you, press 2."  I will have a 2nd google voice number which would ring after hours I guess.. idk yet.. still trying to figure it out.

Thats kindof what I want to do, and if Obi/ google voice cant do this, no worries, Ill just start some snom stuff.. :)

So, does anyone have any guidance/ help for me?  Before I purchased the 202, I found some guides and it seemed like it wasnt going to be too difficult.  but now I know that its not.  For example, on the guide I found it said to go through the ObiPLUS wizard, but I cant find that anywhere. 

I know alot of my problem is that I just dont understand phone systems that well, as well as asking alot for a sub $100 device w/ 0 monthly fees.  Id be happy to pay if I knew I could get support / help getting this setup. 

zekeallmon

ok, so I have found that I can record the User1-9 greetings by going ***0 then 1001# for user 1 greeting. 

What is the User greeting / User Prompts for? 

I see below that the Auto Attendant Prompts, and "Menu" but I dont see where / how to access that via ***0 

AlexW

Howdy zekeallmon,

I'm a brand new user, so take my suggestion with a big grain of salt. But I also signed up for voip.ms at the same time I got the Obi box and its IVR feature coupled with its Time Conditions feature would seem to address exactly what you're looking for. Not an Obi solution, but it seems straight-forward to set up and voip.ms is pay-as-you-go, well-respected in terms of quality and pretty inexpensive. Might be worth a look.

zekeallmon