News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

A delay or something with my own voice

Started by AlexW, August 22, 2015, 03:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW

I'm not 100% sure what's causing this, but I'm noticing that when I'm using my headset, my own voice... sounds a little odd in my ear. A bit echo-y. A bit fuzzy. Like maybe there's some latency?

It's worse when other people are talking at the same time I am -- then it's like my voice gets boosted and hollow in addition to having a little latency.

I didn't have this problem with the headset before the Obi, and when I use the headset with other, non-Obi services (like Skype), my voice sounds totally fine. (Or actually, to be honest, I don't think I hear my voice at all in my ear.) I don't really hear it on my standard cordless phones, but then, the audio is better with the headset.

With Obi, other people's voices sound great. And they say that my own voice sounds great. The problem seems to be with the loopback of my own voice. I'm noticing this with both GV and voip.ms, so I'm thinking it's my local setup that's the issue.

Now, I'm still trouble-shooting the headset and all my connections, but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever run into anything like this with the Obi and if there's maybe a simple solution with the settings that I've missed. Would it make sense to get Obi to not loop back my own voice into my own ear? Can Obi even do that?

This "fuzziness" isn't the end of the world, but it is mildly distracting. Any help y'all can give me would be very much appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Alex

kaniki

just a thought, but are the people you talking to, by some chance, putting you on speaker phone? i have had that problem too, but every time i do, it is because the other person i am talking to, puts me on speaker phone, or something like that.