News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110: My phone will not ring when connected to landline

Started by dgr743, June 14, 2011, 12:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgr743

I recently purchased and set up a Obi110 using a voip provider. That part works great. the problem is, is that when I connect the landline to the line port, and a call comes in on the landline, the phone does not ring. All 3 green lights are on on the front of the 110, and yes the ringer is turned on on the phone. Any help with this is much appreciated. Also the phone is a Panasonic cordless 3 handset. Thanks.

RonR

Does the rightmost LED blink when a call is coming in the LINE Port?

When a call is coming in on the LINE Port, does it show up in Status -> Call Status and afterward in Status -> Call History?

When a call is coming in on the LINE Port, can you answer the call on the telephone connected to the OBi's PHONE Port even though it's not ringing?

dgr743

1) Yes the right most light does light up when there is an incoming call.

2)Yes they show up in call history

3) Have not attempted this yet.

I did notice that when the house phones were ringing that the line port light would be flashing for a few rings, then the phone port light would start flashing then the phone connected to the OBI would ring- about a 4 to 5 second delay.

Quote from: RonR on June 14, 2011, 12:27:51 PM
Does the rightmost LED blink when a call is coming in the LINE Port?

When a call is coming in on the LINE Port, does it show up in Status -> Call Status and afterward in Status -> Call History?

When a call is coming in on the LINE Port, can you answer the call on the telephone connected to the OBi's PHONE Port even though it's not ringing?

RonR

Quote from: dgr743 on June 15, 2011, 12:35:03 AM
I did notice that when the house phones were ringing that the line port light would be flashing for a few rings, then the phone port light would start flashing then the phone connected to the OBI would ring- about a 4 to 5 second delay.

That's exactly what's supposed to happen.  The OBi has to wait for the second ring on the LINE Port in order to obtain CallerID.  CallerID is needed in case the incoming call is to be routed somewhere other than the OBi PHONE Port.  Once it's determined the call is destined for the PHONE Port, the OBi rings the PHONE Port.

dgr743

Ok is there a setting I can change to where they ring immediately?

RonR

You can diable CallerID on the PHONE Port, but I don't think that will do anything for you in this instance.

I don't see a way to disable CallerID detection on the LINE Port.  Maybe CallerIDDetectMethod should have a Disabled option.

LeftRight

Quote from: dgr743 on June 15, 2011, 01:57:43 PM
Ok is there a setting I can change to where they ring immediately?

You may shorten the ringdelay setting for this -- the parameter is located at:

Physical interface --> LINE port --> Ringdelay

The default is 4 seconds, which is what you're experiencing ...

cricketgeek

Iam also having the same problem.Can someone help?. When I call to the GV Number from my mobile phone , Iam getting a message "TO access the account enter the four digit pin"

I have already setup the forwards to Google Chat

Any help will be appreciated.

RonR

Quote from: cricketgeek on June 16, 2011, 08:14:42 PM
Iam also having the same problem.Can someone help?. When I call to the GV Number from my mobile phone , Iam getting a message "TO access the account enter the four digit pin"

I think your problem is with Google Voice, not the OBi.

In advanced settings for your mobile phone number in Google Voice, change:

Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

Yes (default for mobile phones)

to

No (requires pressing star during greetings -- default for non-mobile phones)