News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Wan port lights don't light

Started by blake121666, August 23, 2015, 02:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blake121666

I decided to take off the static IP address I assigned to my OBI202 and went into the web administration page and changed the WAN interface to DHCP .  On reboot, the Wan lights never lit again.  Even after doing a factory reset.  I am able to access the OBI202 through the LAN port;  but no matter what I do I cannot get the WAN ethernet lights to light.  That port has died for some reason or other.  Any suggestions on why the WAN port is dead and how to fix this?

restamp

It's not in Bridge mode, is it?

Router Config -> LAN Settings -> Operation Mode -> { Bridge, Router }

blake121666

No.  Although I put it in bridge mode while testing around with it on the LAN interface.  I had bought 2 at the same time and gave one to my father who has never used his.  I drove over and took that one back from him and set it up for myself.  I'd like to know how to fix this one though.  It's just going to sit in a box of electronics now though since I've setup the other one and it is working fine.  I opened the box up and the wan and lan interfaces look to be part of the same chipset.  I don't know why the wan side is busted.  I don't think it is just a matter of the LED being busted either because the router interface's LEDs don't flicker either when using this box (they do with anything else plugged in).  It's pretty crazy that the interface would decide to go bad after changing over to DHCP from static IP.  I've reset it a large number of times now (pushing the pin in and pluggin power in until rapid green flash and then red) and I never get any activity on the wan side.

blake121666

I figured I'd put the busted OBI202 over my father's house and the WAN ethernet port is working fine now.  Didn't do anything but plug it in at his house ... flaky ethernet interface.