News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 OBIWifi settings from OBITALK

Started by berVOIP, August 26, 2015, 09:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berVOIP

Hello, first, these are fantastic devices (OBI202).

I mainly use them with OBIwifi connecting to my LTE phone as a backup in case my internet (cable) provider is down. I unplug my analog phone from my other ATA and plug it to the OBI202.

I've setup manually OBIWifii on the device locally (192.168.10.1/wifi) and it works great.
Now I'd like to take advantage of OBItalk to manage all the settings trough the webportal ONLY and not having to logon locally because I may ship the device to non-tech users.

Everything to be working as expected (VOIP provider working, status "online", etc).
So the communication between the portal and device works ok.

It's just that I don't see, in the web portal (expert, OBIWIFI configuratino), the Access points I've setup locally.
All fields are blank with "Obitalk settings" column checked (see attachment).

Is it normal ?
Is this setting one of the last ones not available from the web portal and that I have to do it locally ?

I do understand that doing a Wifi scan remotely from the web portal would be tricky to setup but I'd like to be able to add/update Access points remotely.

thanks
Ber

Mercurius

Hello, on the same topic, would I be able to change obi202 currently on DHCP to static IP address through Web Portal (obitalk.com)? It's working fine but I would prefer to use static IP address setting.

On FAQ, indicated that I need to make phone dialling in order to make the change.

Thank you much.

drgeoff

Quote from: Mercurius on December 03, 2015, 09:23:28 PM
Hello, on the same topic, would I be able to change obi202 currently on DHCP to static IP address through Web Portal (obitalk.com)? It's working fine but I would prefer to use static IP address setting.

On FAQ, indicated that I need to make phone dialling in order to make the change.

Thank you much.
I never cease to be amazed at how many questions like the one above are asked here when the answers are easily found just by trying it.

And doesn't the screenshot in berVOIP's post show that the DHCP/static option is available via the portal expert mode?