News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cordless Phone Help

Started by Schmid2, August 26, 2015, 10:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schmid2

I was able to set up my OBi200 with a corded phone, but I can't get the cordless to work. The handset doesn't pick up a signal from the base unit when plugged into the Obi200 unit.  I looked for a list of compatible phones, didn't know if there was such a list.  Should this work with any phone, and are there any suggestions for getting a signal? 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

MurrayB

Panasonic Dect 6 phones work great. Be sure that you have the phone plugged into the correct jack with proper assignment.

Good Luck!

drgeoff

Quote from: Schmid2 on August 26, 2015, 10:01:43 AM
I was able to set up my OBi200 with a corded phone, but I can't get the cordless to work. The handset doesn't pick up a signal from the base unit when plugged into the Obi200 unit.  I looked for a list of compatible phones, didn't know if there was such a list.  Should this work with any phone, and are there any suggestions for getting a signal? 

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Any phone that works on a POTS line should work with your OBi202.

What exactly do you mean by "The handset doesn't pick up a signal from the base unit when plugged into the Obi200 unit."  Are you saying that if the ONLY change you make is to unplug the phone cord between the cordless base and the OBi202 then the handset to base communication starts working?

kaniki

i have the 202 model, and I have not had any trouble with any of my POT's cordless phones. I would check to make sure all cords were plugged in tight, and that your handset was charged, and sync'ed with its base good, because to me, it sounds like there is something wrong somewhere in the cordless setup... It might even be that the battery in your handset went bad and needs replaced too. Basically, any regular phone should work on the setup fine. Just as long as it is a touch tone phone and not an old rotary type.