News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

.....has not received a response from the service provider

Started by Gavo, June 14, 2011, 04:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavo

Hello,

I'm pretty sure this is a quick fix but I can't find it :(

I have set-up Trunk Group 1 to be Sp1,li  and referenced it in my outboundcall route as **4. With my network connected the call routes OK. When I disconnect my network lead to simulate the network/internet connection down I get the automated response above.
I was hoping that the call would route to the pstn - any ideas as to what I'm missing ?

Cheers

Gavin

RonR

The OBi will have to know that SP1 is out of service before it tries to call through it.  The OBi doesn't do true 'fail-over' like you're hoping for.  Once registration fails on SP1, the OBi shouldn't try to use it.  You may have to set your registration interval to something fairly short to get what you want.

ProfTech

Your answer is interesting. I posed a question about this some time ago and never received a response. I am not looking for an automatic fail over to the PSTN as I do not want long distance calls going out on the PSTN unless I specifically direct it, but it doesn't seem to me that some sort of notification that the network is down would be an unreasonable request. I have tried pointing my Outbound call route both directly to sp1 and using a trunk group but either way it takes about 45 seconds before I get the message "...has not received a response from the service provider". I waited more than 60 seconds before dialing to be sure the registration should have failed, and I also dialed more than once to see if it would work on the second try. I seems to me the Obi should give fast busy once it has determined that I have dialed a valid number and the service provider is known to be down.

RonR

Quote from: ProfTech on June 15, 2011, 11:33:49 AM
I have tried pointing my Outbound call route both directly to sp1 and using a trunk group but either way it takes about 45 seconds before I get the message "...has not received a response from the service provider

Most likely you have a STUN server configured.  For some strange reason, the STUN server timeout is set to 45 seconds on the OBi when most other devices like a PAP2 time out in only 1 - 2 seconds.

ProfTech

STUNEnable is not checked [default] and the STUNServer field is blank. Port is set by default but I tried setting it to zero and it didn't make any difference. Only thing that might be different from "Standard" is I am using a fixed IP. Running build 2286 but I saw the same behavior in earlier releases. Not a huge deal but an annoyance. Just thought Obi might want to look into it. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the fact that there is no field to set for "registration required" to dial.