News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1062 Speed Dial setup help needed

Started by Rhine, August 28, 2015, 06:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhine

I just got the OBi1062 and really like it. I am having some issues getting the Speed Dial entries working the way I need them. I am using the obitalk website to configure the speed dial.

Here is what I need:

I need to speed dial a number ( which is a conference call line), wait/pause 5 seconds and then enter a 7 digit password followed by the # key. For example: 18771234567 wait 5 seconds then enter 6949693#

Doing that will open up the conference line and I would be all set. However all I can get is the speed-dial to dial the conference line and I don't know how to do the pause for 5 seconds nor sending the passcode followed by the # key. I tried entering the passcode in speed-dial position 2 but the phone tried to use that as a phone number and got a failed call.

Can someone please help?

Thank you,

Jerry

drgeoff

It cannot be done.

The phone number is sent to the ITSP as data in a SIP message. The password needs to be received by the conference bridge as DTMF tones encoded in the audio channel after the call is established. OBi ATAs and phones have no way to change part way through a speed dial number from first to second method of handling digits.

Rhine

Thanks for the reply.

After some thought, I would think all that is needed is a new action type from the 1st column pull down list of items. Instead of selecting speed dial you could select a new item that would just echo whatever is in the Ext: field and send it over the phone line. So you would need to use two of the speed dial memories - the first one would be the phone number with a type 'Speed-Dial' the second memory would be password followed by a # with a type "echo" so that all the OBi does is send it over the phone line.

The first memory would then connect you to the conference line. You would manually wait a few seconds and then press the second speed-dial memory and it would send the passcode and you're good to go.

That would work, but would require an enhancement to the code.

azrobert

On an OBi ATA, this function can be done by the analog phone's contact list. Obviously, you can't use an analog phone with your IP Phone, but you can use an Android phone. You would install a SIP Softphone on the Android, define a contact with the pauses and route the call to the OBi1062 via WiFi. If you don't have an Android, there are always sales for No-Contact Pay-As-You-Go devices. I bought an Android 4.4 phone with a 4" screen for $10 and it works without purchasing any minutes. If you want to do this, I'll help you with the setup. 

Rhine

Thanks for the interesting work-around. It's not a show stopper not having this automated but I don't think I am alone in wanting this functionality natively on the Obi10xx devices. It's not uncommon to have conf call meetings for business purposes. I currently have three different conf numbers I call on a regular basis with different clients scattered throughout the US.

I have the passcodes written down and enter them manually. Perhaps this feature will be added in a future release.

Would be nice.

I can't see myself going thru all that trouble getting an android phone for the work-around so I'll just continue to do it manually.

Thanks for the creative suggestion!

Jerry

drgeoff

According to http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8983.msg68384#msg68384, since 5.0.0.2895 this feature is supported. But it is not crystal clear how to use it.  :(

Quote:
New Feature: Expanded speed dial (using a soft key or feature key) to allow specifying a send parameter to transmit a sequence of DTMF digits to the call peer during a connected call.
End quote.

and for 5.0.0.2824:
"New Feature: Support ;send=... attribute in the Number field of a Speed Dial Feature Key . The value of this attribute specifies a number of digits to send to the remote party, with optional pauses and user input digits in-between."

I haven't found equivalents in the Release Notes for 1xx or 2xx/3xx devices.

oj_dkent

Has anyone gotten this to work? I am trying to setup a conference number with a code for my Obi1022 and I got the following reply from support:

QuoteNumber = {speed-dial-number};send={digits}

{digits} = one or more of the following codes (case-sensitive):

0-9,*,#,a,b,c,d = send corresponding dtmf (100 ms on+off)
S = Delay for 3s
s = Delay for 1s
A = Wait for Answer (or otherwise start sending on early media, if available,
                           or when call is answered, whichever first)
U = Prompt user on phone screen to dial any number of digits manually, then
      click "OK" to continue sending remaining DTMF's
"prompt" = (Only allowed right after a U) An optional prompt to
     show on screen to prompt user to enter digits; default is
     "Press OK to continue".

Here is an example:

{digits} = ASSss1234U"Enter Password"s4567U"sSEnter a code"123#

Means:
Wait for callee to answer, wait 8s, send 1234,
then prompt user to "Enter Password"
When user click OK, wait 1s, then send 4567.
Prompt user to "Enter a code", then send 123#

So I went to my SpeedDial options, added the following (wanting to call 123-555-1234 and enter the code 444-555-666#):

Quote1235551234;send=AS444555666#

While it does dial the number, it never enters any DTMF tones. ???

Any help is appreciated.

drgeoff

If you set the speed-dial to only dial the phone number and when answered you enter the code manually does it work?  If not, under Service Providers, ITSP Profile (whichever of A through F is applicable), General there is the parameter DTMF method.  Try all the options available there.

If/when you have it working manually, I would hope the extended speed-dial method will also work.

ianobi

I tested this using my OBi1032
HardwareVersion 1.3
SoftwareVersion 5.0.0 (Build: 3223.1311)

For me it does work as Obihai Support describe. However, the speed dial number / digits have to be within the "Number" field of a Programmable Key set to "Speed Dial". I set it up like so:

Function: Speed Dial
Service: SP3
Number: 12345678901;send=ASS1234
Other fields not relevant.

Thanks go to oj_dkent for getting Support to release this information. I don't believe that this is documented anywhere within Obihai documentation that has been publicly released.

Edit: This also works with Line Keys when their function is set to "Speed Dial".