News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto recording incoming Google Voice calls?

Started by Sheffield_Steve, August 28, 2015, 08:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheffield_Steve

Is it possible to set up the Obitalk 200 to automatically record all incoming Google Voice calls?

I have two Google voice lines on my box and I'm simply looking for the Obitalk box to dial a "4" for me after the call is answered.

SteveInWA

No.  Due to various federal and state laws regarding disclosure of call recording, GV requires that you press the 4 key after the call is active, so that both parties hear the announcement that the call is being recorded.  Just press the 4 key after the call connects.

Sheffield_Steve

Thanks.  Your answer is a bit evasive though.

Can I ask the question another way?  Is it possible for the Obitalk to send a tone after answering a call?

SteveInWA

Evasive?   What part of "no" did you find evasive?  You can't automatically program the OBi to send the "4" tone after the call is answered.

GV isn't designed to be an automatic call recording system.  Recording is for individual / casual use.  If you need a business-class call recording system, there are other options.

LTN1

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 28, 2015, 01:10:30 PM
Evasive?   What part of "no" did you find evasive?  You can't automatically program the OBi to send the "4" tone after the call is answered.

GV isn't designed to be an automatic call recording system.  Recording is for individual / casual use.  If you need a business-class call recording system, there are other options.

Let me try to also answer the question since I've been told that I have a way with words.

Is it possible to set up the Obitalk 200 to automatically record all incoming Google Voice calls? No.

Sheffield_Steve

Sorry "evasive" was the not the right word.  I was confused with the talk of the various laws, as I know there are devices out there that will for instance send a tone to block caller id. (Although that is outgoing).

I don't need any more than GV provides, just trying to avoid pressing the 4.  It's easy to forget.

Thanks though, I very much appreciate the information.

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 28, 2015, 01:10:30 PM