News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

caller ID

Started by bfrank, September 03, 2015, 06:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfrank

I have my obihai device connected to a PBX and the caller id card for the PBX is very expensive and I'm not even sure it would be compatible.
I'd like to build a web page on a web server in my house which would act as the caller id. As long as I have that web page up on some device, it would query the obihai device for the caller id.
Since the web portal provides that information via the call status and call history areas, I was wondering can I query this info with any sort of API?
If not I can see in the javascript of the web portal that it loads the info from callstatus.htm and call history.htm but I was hoping there'd be a more efficient way.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

drgeoff

Easier just to use a phone with CallerID display or a separate CallerID display device plugged into the OBi's phone port.

Or if you want a PC display, install a softphone which pops up the CID on incoming calls and set the OBi's InboundCallRoute to fork calls to the softphone.