News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

one stage dialing question

Started by earthtoobi, June 14, 2011, 09:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earthtoobi

Have a question on one stage dialing:
there are 2 Ob's Ob1 and Obi2 in separate accounts.
they are in their COT.
in Ob2: Obi1 is provided a speed dial number. lets say number 3.
in Obi1: AA default is Sp1 and Phone/Obi default is SP2.

Now, if from Obi2, i need to make a call through Obi1's SP1, how should the speed dial in Obi2 look like?

i tried 3*<phonenumber>. but, this uses Obi1's default(SP2) and not AA default(SP1).
Now, 3* **1<Number>  does not look correct.

how can this be accomplished with just speeddial changes, without mucking around with Inboundcallroute in Obi1.
if the only way is to change Inboundcallroute in Obi1, how will it look like.

RonR

The InboundCallRoute rules generated by the OBiTALK configuration facility only handle making calls though the gateway's default (PrimaryLine) trunk.

If you're willing to change the OBi's InboundCallRoute, you can place calls through any trunk using the following syntax:

From another OBi or an OBiON app:

[<Speed Dial> + **n + number] through the OBi gateway defined in <Speed Dial> (using **n)
and
[<Speed Dial> + * + number] through the OBi gateway defined in <Speed Dial> (using PrimaryLine)

From an OBiON app:

[**n + number] through the OBi defined as the OBiON gateway (using **n)
and
[number] through the OBi defined as the OBiON gateway (using PrimaryLine)

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:

{(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)):li},
{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Note: Replace pli above (2 places) with your PrimaryLine trunk name (sp1,sp2,li,pp,tg1) as the OBi won't.

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit Mapx:

Label : cot
DigitMap : (200aaaaaa|200bbbbbb|200cccccc|200dddddd|200eeeeee)

Note: These are trusted caller OBiTALK numbers.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

earthtoobi

Ron: did some testing with the above and it works like a charm!! thanks for that...

in the above, just to elaborate, the Phone port settings are for phone attached to Obi2 which is going to make a call through Obi1.

earthtoobi

Ron: as a followup to single stage dialing, the above approach works fine when you call from Obion/Obi device. is there a way to extend the same to calls from trusted Gtalk callers. the problem i see is that there is no way for gtalk to access speed dial or send custom information as part of its number(except for username) to apply any logic for forwarding calls in the target Obi device.

RonR

Quote from: earthtoobi on June 25, 2011, 02:25:44 PM
is there a way to extend the same to calls from trusted Gtalk callers. the problem i see is that there is no way for gtalk to access speed dial or send custom information as part of its number(except for username) to apply any logic for forwarding calls in the target Obi device.

I confess I know next to nothing about Gtalk at this point, but it sounds like you answered your own question.  If there's no way to get a digit string from a Gtalk user into the SPx -> X_InboundCallRoute to evaluate, I think it's pretty much a dead end.