News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuring OBi100 with Viatalk?

Started by Javelina, September 08, 2015, 07:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javelina

I am trying to configure the OBi100 to work with my Viatalk account with no luck so far. Does anyone know the correct configuration inputs (and what can be left blank)? Many thanks.

Javelina

Unfortunately, I still cannot get service. Am in touch with Viatalk and if they solve this (which I doubt), I'll publish the solution.

azrobert

Some providers use DSN SRV and I think Viatalk is one.
You need to turn this function on for the trunk on the OBi.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X SIP -> X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix: Checked

Use OBi Expert to make this change.

drgeoff

Are you using the obitalk portal or the Obi100's internal web server to enter the account details?

Javelina

I went to Expert Config, unchecked the Obitalk default, checked the box directly underneath X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix and unfortunately there's no change. Viatalk service suggested I install a program called Zoiper on my PC and when I did this I can make calls through Viatalk. However, I don't want to be tethered to my PC.

Is it possible that the phone functionality in my Linksys RT3IP2 Broadband Router simply died while all its other functions seem fine? The phone LED light don't come on any longer with the set-up I've been using for a few years. As you can probably tell, I'm not a router or VOIP expert by any means.

Javelina

BTW, I have a wifi router plugged into my Linksys router supplying wifi to my home. I just tried plugging the OBi100 into the wifi router (instead of the Linksys). That doesn't work either but it occurs to me that I may need to change the port setting (?) or something else in the set-up configuration. Any thoughts?

drgeoff

1.  The phone LEDs on the Linksys only come on when the respective Voice Service Provider is registered.  Did you previously have the Linksys working with the Viatalk account you are now trying to configure on the OBi100?

2.  For testing purposes, leave the OBi100 configured with what you think is the best shot at correct Viatalk settings.  The connect it and nothing else directly to your internet modem.  Reboot the modem, wait 2 minutes and then reboot the Obi.  Does Viatalk work?

3.  Is Viatalk the only service you are trying to have on the  OBi?

azrobert

The following is just checking if you did this correctly.
There are 3 boxes to the right of X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix
Uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting.
The box under Device Default will become checked, uncheck it.
Check the box immediately to the right of X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix

Javelina

Quote from: drgeoff on September 09, 2015, 10:04:35 AM
1.  The phone LEDs on the Linksys only come on when the respective Voice Service Provider is registered.  Did you previously have the Linksys working with the Viatalk account you are now trying to configure on the OBi100?

Up until a few days ago I had been using Viatalk with the Linksys for a couple of years with a Panasonic cordless phone setup with no problems whatsoever. That ceased and I have tried all the normal stuff like rebooting the router and checking the phone cord (even replaced it with a new one). None of that helped. As I can make calls using Zoiper on my PC (using a Viatalk configuration), the problem would not seem to be on the Viatalk side of things. I just don't know how likely it is that since the Linksys continues to work fine otherwise, what are the odds that only its ability to 'provide a dial tone' has died?

azrobert

Is the phone port LED on the OBi100 on or off?

Javelina

Guys,

I'm just too frustrated dealing with the OBi100 at this point. I need to find out why my trusted Linksys setup has failed me. The OBi is introducing way too many possible points of failure and I feel like I'm just digging a deeper hole for myself. Thanks very much for trying and the help you provided. Nice community here....