News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

rings before voicemail

Started by Tsquare, June 09, 2011, 12:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsquare

How do I change number of rings before transfer to voice mail?

RonR

If you're talking about Google Voice, you don't.  It's hard wired at 25 seconds at the Google Voice end.

DaveSin

Quote from: RonR on June 09, 2011, 12:56:40 PM
If you're talking about Google Voice, you don't.  It's hard wired at 25 seconds at the Google Voice end.

RonR:

Why is it that I can control the number of rings using PBX In A Flash (PIAF) GV calling and prevent Google Voice Voicemail from picking up and we cannot do the same with the OBi device?  I thought they are both using the same type of Google Chat/Gmail calling scheme?  Could you explain?  Thx.

QBZappy

DaveSin,

I was thinking about your question.

I think it may be because Asterisk is a stateful proxy and is fully aware of the state of the call. Depending on the call state it may be able to handle such things as an IVR and VM. These are additional abilities that the OBi does not have by design.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Quote from: DaveSin on June 15, 2011, 01:14:53 PM
Quote from: RonR on June 09, 2011, 12:56:40 PM

RonR:

Why is it that I can control the number of rings using PBX In A Flash (PIAF) GV calling and prevent Google Voice Voicemail from picking up and we cannot do the same with the OBi device?  I thought they are both using the same type of Google Chat/Gmail calling scheme?  Could you explain?  Thx.

No, I can't.  We've been led to believe that the XMPP interface can't control Google Voice behavior.  If PIAF is doing it, then it must be possible.

There's a ton of us who'd love to be able to set a longer time to voicemail or disable it entirely.